Jacob Hester is a Tiger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfanintampa, Dec 28, 2003.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

If Evangel players are no good, how do they win so many championships? Are their coaches that much better than the others in the state? Can the other coaches not figure out how to stop their offensive scheme. Is the bitching about their superior athletes a red herring to cover for bad opposing coaches? Maybe the opposing coaches are the ones who consistantly slam ECA on these boards?
    Why do they recruit such bad athletes? ;) hmmm?

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Re: evaluate talent

I would like to know who the overlooked kids are that Sabam may have missed. I know we can't get wvery kid in the state but it seems as though we have the last 2 years.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So what is he going to do about that Longhorn tatoo on his arm?
    He better have it tatooed over with a Tiger or he is going to catch hell from his teamates.

4. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Just keep in mind who has been recruiting this kid. LSU, Texas, OU, Miami... I doubt the rest give a damn about Evangel's reputation.

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

ha, that does sound pretty funny.

ive seen him play and he's good.

i just dont see how this 'bad player' could trick so many great coaches. i saw the argument about the head coaches not getting to see all of the players...and that its the assistants that are dong the recruiting...and all that about some players not getting a chance because of it...and....i think thats a load.

when a head coach makes in home visits (and i realize they make a lot of in home visits) he knows enough about that player to know if he's good or not.

even if Saban doesnt know much about him (which is un true) and it was only some position coach recruiting him....then you'd think that maybe ONE of the "position coaches" from other schools that are recruiting him would say "wait a min...he's not any good" and then there would be a trend of la tech type schools going after him. thats not the case with Hester....take a look at the schools that were after him LSU, OU, USC, Miami, Texas (it goes on like that)....all of those schools are traditonal powers that are either playing for a national championship, have won a national championship the past few years, or are in the top 5.

6. TSmith

TSmith Founding Member

People who say that are just thinking about the Booty's. Evangel has gotten a bad name because of them, that's all.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Don't count on this Evangel kid falling on his face ... this kid is sound and will play at LSU