Jack Wholestaff

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Santa Claus.
    The Most Interesting Man in the World.
    Jack Wholestaff.
    No one I know has ever laid eyes on this Mr. Wholestaff, though he does have a Twitter account. And there’s a rumor he was spotted around midnight on the sand volleyball court at Barrett’s Barleycorn.

If you had to draw a composite sketch of the lad, it would probably be something like this:
    About 6-feet tall. About 20 years old. Throws right- and left-handed. Preferred hairstyle: the flow, though hair color is hard to describe because he’s always wearing a purple LSU baseball cap.
    And if you call him Hunter, you’ll be right nearly 20 percent of the time.
    It is upon Jack Wholestaff’s combined 22 shoulders that so much of the Tigers’ hopes for survival in the College World Series rest as they try to fight their way through the losers’ bracket.
    Jack Wholestaff will start Thursday night against TCU in the person of Zac Person, though who and how many Tigers he will embody before the night is through, no one can say.
    Person is as good a place to begin for LSU as any. He hasn’t pitched much this year, just 29.2 innings spread thinly across 30 appearances. But he’s a senior and a lefty, thus about as well equipped as anyone the Tigers have not named Alex Lange (who won Tuesday against Cal State Fullerton) or Jared Poché (who lost to TCU on Sunday but would start Friday if the Tigers are still breathing) to get the ball.
    He could last for several innings. Or the Tigers, who hardly had to stir the dust in their bullpen Tuesday as Lange heaved a complete game six-hitter at the Titans, could use an arm an inning.

2. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

that's cpm way of saying i dunno.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

What's you answer, genius? You got a look at everything available, saw what they had, so you call it. Please, tell me something I could agree with, because for you to say this season was disappointing is a bit unraveling.

We made it to the mountain with flaws that were consistant year round. Yet despite those flaws, made it anyways. Where is the disappointment? I very much look forward to you having the answer becase without your valued opinion, I might just go on believing we overachieved, all things considered.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

We had so many freshmen pitching this year in key spots. I think it's impressive how well they did. The CWS may have overwhelmed them but I expect they learned a lot and our pitching will be scary good the next two years at least.

Bengal B and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. lsufan52

my answer really look at cpm's stats in big games he loses and as far as his decisions really looks like a deer in head lights the man can't coach under pressure,and what's the excuse about not having pitchers ready dunn hell no he is the head coach,and excuse me genius i think i know a hell of a lot about baseball my father coached for 12 years and i been around it since i was 4 and i guess all the trophies my dad has is just my imagination genius?,and yes in the last appearances at cws pm is what 1-6 really impressive.

Richdog likes this.
  6. lsufan52

Coach, Here I am again trying to figure how do ya'll coach. With a man on third base and no outs they walk two man to load the bases and you have a man hit away and he hits into a double play. Do you know what a bunt is? Bunt brings in the winning run. Well I hope you can do better the next time. Mickey from a poster.

Richdog likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Looks like @StaceyO has a new friend ;)

8. CajunlostinCali

You did nothing to support you opinion as to why this was another dissappointing season. The only opinion you supported was sniffing glue is not healthy and that your dad was a coach for an age group somewhere between 4 and 30. Everything else was a result of the glue. Could you put your dad on so we can get a possible solution from an adult?

shane0911 and tirk like this.
  9. mottthehoople

mottthehoople Chaw!

Now that baseball has completed another underwhelming season, can we move on to more relevant topics?

10. CajunlostinCali

Oh, you mean like what video games you should buy?

tirk and Bengal B like this.