Isaac may be about to crash our party

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Aug 26, 2012.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Better get ready, guys.

[​IMG]

2. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

That damn thing needs to stay away, it's threatening to mess up a glorious weekend I have planned.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

All things considered, that's a very good scenario.

As far as N. Texas, I could not really care less. If it were televised I'd watch the first half to see how Mett commanded the offense. If it went well, as I expect, I'd be too drunk by the second half. Course, if it didn't vs. N Texas, I'd probably be drunk too. Come to think of it, as an LSU fan, I kinda feel obligated to not watch the second half if we're up by 3 or more TD's against a rent-a-win.

4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Quintus: "People should know when they are conquered." These 'rent-a-wins' need to be thoroughly trounced--none of Les Miles' 4th quarter antics.
    Four quarters of total domination, so much so that the opposition has to ask permission to run a set of downs!!!!!!!!

This dominance requires witnesses--92,542 of them! Their sobriety is inconsequential--provided that they make a fcuking s-load of noise--timed correctly! LOL.

Apologies, lsudolemite, for the derailing. (Just responding to the above post).

Shyt, Isaac! Coming! I have fully instructed my daughter, who answered, from a little bit south of campus, "Uh, what storm?"

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Not surprised. 12 hours ago this was headed for panhandle Florida. Now they have it on our doorstep.

LSU has not even sent a broadcast email yet, which I find very surprising since Jindal's declared a state of emergency and has the PMAC on standby for evacuations.

6. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Yes, a bit slow on the uptake. My wretch already knows to fill containers with water, test-start the genset, get food, stow gear, fill all gas cans & car's tank, etc. BR will likely get rain, wind, etc. all of which can mess with clean water delivery. Batten down--good practice, even if Isaac stands us up!

7. LSUTiga

I wouldn't have junked it but there's already a thread on that wussy Issac. That punk knows better than to come here.

http://tigerfan.com/threads/tropical-storm-isaac.104437/

I just fried some white perch fillets in case. Still have a bunch in the freezer but at least they won't all be in jeopardy. Told the wife if we lose power the one thing we MUST somehow save is all that turtle meat. :D

KyleK likes this.
  8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i wastching some tv show recently and they said one of the reasons sea turtles have to be protected is that they are absolutely delicious, like they are better than beef and chicken by miles and miles. is this true?

9. LSUTiga

I've never tasted sea turtles. These are snapping turtles. The meat is my favorite. There are not "7 different kinds of meat" though, only white and dark. Mostly dark but the neck is white meat.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

that sounds tasty. i am gonna put turtle eating on my list of things to do.