Ipod

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by BB, Mar 20, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are hacks out there on the net that will let you get around most iSecurity, . . . but then you would be a pirate.

Aaargh, matey!

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

anyone have the video ipod? If so, how do you like it?

i am thinking about upgrading.

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

a buddy of mine has the 30 gig video ipod. he mainly uses it for music because he says it's hard to watch a show or movie on a display the size of a cellphone screen...........

i watched an old episode of the sopranos on it a few weeks back on the way to breaux bridge. i didn't mind it at all. of course i doubt i would use the video on it that often though......

4. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

its a nifty feature, as Ive had a 30 gb video ipod for about a month and a half...

its a GREAT thing. I use it in the car, on the way to work and back, and use it at work all the time.

ive still only filled up half of it...

5. red55

When my 30 gig, second generation iPod bites the dust, I'll replace it with a video iPod, mostly for the extra capacity. I don't imagine wanting to watch any video on the iPod, but the color screen would be cool since I've downloaded the album cover art and imbedded them in each song in iTunes.

I also use the iPod like a pocket firewire drive to move giant files between the various computers in my life. The extra capacity of a 60 gig drive would be nice.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Actually, looking around in the manual it seems you can put the settings on manual loading and pick and choose which songs to add/delete. I just bought a 40 GB 4th generation on ebay, it didn't work for a week then I updated the software and it came alive.

7. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I have finally joined the lemurs. I got the video ipod last month and fricken love it. If you order from apple.com then you can get free laser engraving on the back. Can put something cool on the back like "USC Sucks Donkey D!ck" or whatever.

There are a number of video podcasts out there that are free. Inside LSU basketball is under the Geaux Show listing right now so I finally get to watch that. I also watch "Ask a Ninja" podcast, kind of funny.

However, I do believe that they really overestimate the battery power on that thing

9. red55

You know, I haven't used manual loading in three years, but it makes sense.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

today apple released a 150 dollar 1 gig nano. pretty good deal if you want an ipod but dont want to spend 250.