Interesting, Finebaum stuff.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LesIsMore, Feb 13, 2007.

1. LesIsMore

LesIsMore Founding Member

Well I just called in a radio show and inquired about Paul Finebaum. I'm not going to state the guy's name, he has a show on Sirius, though. He said Finebaum doesn't think twice about LSU, nor any other SEC school. Apparently he is just stirring the pot for ratings, and he is getting just that. If no one responded or reacted to his material, he would change his MO. With that said, it is college football and fans are obviously going to react and get upset. But keep in mind, Finebaum is only targeting LSU b/c it is the flavor of the week. So I'm just going to stick with the GREAT things we have at LSU and not worry about that *%^&$$%&&#&. Had to do it.

2. 2arms2legsTIGER

2arms2legsTIGER Founding Member

Finebaum has been doing this for over a decade in Alabama. His show motto is something like "... where coaches get fired". He's a Tenn alum for one thing and college football has always been his main topic. He started out mostly pissing the Gumps off which was pretty easy during the probation years and all the hiring and firing of DuBose, Price, Franchione, et al... Then when Tubbs got Auburn all hot he started giving it to both teams pretty good. He's never really seemed to go on about any other teams other than the ones in Alabama until recently (I think his only terrestrial broadcasts are in Alabama, maybe wrong though). Anyway, I think maybe he thinks he can pick up some market in Louisiana if he riles us up? Either way, I've been very surprised with the attitude he's taken since the Shula firing. Ever since Shula was let go he's been vehemently defending Alabama from national media criticism and he's still on their jock even now that they got someone.

I can't wait to till Nick the little Gimp starts losing some games and Finebaum is forced to turn on him. I really want to see Nick under the wrath of those ridiculous Bammers after a year of futility. That would make my year. I hope it happens, I hope its ugly, I hope it gets drawn out, and I hope it ends with a bitter bitter bang after a few years.

3. LesIsMore

LesIsMore Founding Member

He makes half a mil. yr. ...he is the colin cowherd/stephen a. smith of birmingham

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

FWIW, started in '80.

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

FWIW, is nothing, Finescum is a muck racking hater who gets no respect here

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Much like those who understand the WWE is entertainment, that's all PF is...it is his business. That is, his radio gig.

Now, his editorials tend to inflame people also. Most editorials do...whether they are on sports, political news, financial news, etc. That's the genre' of editorials.

It is important to note that when he is in his "journalistic mode," he's been one of the top reporters in Alabama. He broke the Antonio Langham story along with the firing of Tommy Bowden at Auburn.

I don't read what he writes along with listening to his radio show. Now, he does conduct some good interviews from time to time.

Am I a fan of his? No. Do I understand his role and his success in that role? Most definitely.

We could sit here and name person after person that we don't like, but do appreciate/respect their success. Right?

Hey, he was smart enough to marry a *sugar mama.* :thumb:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Finebaum and Guilbeau like to be controversial. It's their thing, always will be. And it's not always bad for a few media types to swim against the current.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Does he have a radio show?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not yet, but he writes for three Louisiana papers, north, central, and south and has a statewide audience. It's his columns that get people riled up.

10. bamawhamma

bamawhamma Founding Member

If i were you i would go ahead and get a prescription for anti-depressents from your doctor because you Will need them next year as the wins start to mount up. Don't forget to ask for several REFILLS!