Inconsistency of Flynn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

No problem, I now see where you are coming from and agree with you for the most part.
    The only thing that I would say is that we are the most penalized team in the SEC and I really don't think the refs are to blame for most of those.
    It seems to me that it would have to be some kind of conspiracy against us.

I also look at how well we played the first 4 games or so and how thats changed over the season.
    I do realize that some of that is do to injuries I just wish we could clean it up a little and quit giving away points to our opponents.

2. downtown

downtown Founding Member

MLUTiger,

Matt Flynn still has a chance to lead his team to something that JR never did, and that's to a championship win of any sort (we're not talking divisional either). And I think JR was good and did a lot of good things for LSU.

All this talk of liability and all that stuff is crap. He's a great runner and he almost ALWAYS comes through when we need him to for the W. That is all that matters in the end. And yeah, he was hurt for a good portion of the season and didn't have his #1 receiver or other receivers that could catch for a stretch.

And he's had more that two good games in his career. Virginia Tech, MSU, Auburn (SEC Offensive Player of the Week), Miami (Peach Bowl MVP), SabanBowl I (Winning QB with over 350 yds. passing, 35 receiving and 19 rushing even with the sacks), etc. That's over 400 yds. he accounted for. Yeah, he threw three ints. last night and threw some bad screen passes, but other than that he looked very good. It's not your mistakes that mean everything. It's how you overcome them that mean the most. It's what you do on 4th and 3 with the game on the line. And you know what, Flynn walked off the field a winner last night (in first place in the West) with all of his biggest goals still attainable while John Parker Wilson walked off the field a loser.

That's all that matters baby!

1 person likes this.
  3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

mf played well. i cant believe no one else has posted same. he was by and large given solid protection and he was then able to make good throws.

two of the three ints were great plays by bama moreso than poor decisions/throws by mf.

mf has been throwing well as of late. the O is starting to execute. things are looking up.

4. Sourdoughman

Another point that hasn't been brought up is that he and ED hasn't been healthy up until this or last week so if MF has been inconsistant some of that has been do to the injury.

Those with short term memories should also remember that Perriloux wasn't all that late in recent games either.
    I'm sure I remember him fumbling the ball a few times.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

You're doing what you accused others of doing in your post...Mauck did the same thing. Did you watch the MNC game? He almost cost us the game. It's just damned hard to play QB in the SEC - and you, me, all of us have to put up with it because that's just the way it is.

We should be thankful that the entire team and coaching staff is 100% behind him and believes in him - and that he is capable of winning games when the pressure is on. 9-1 as a starter.

6. poody

poody Freshman

I wish Carnell Stewart would have a better brain.

7. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

RP fumbled once in that Auburn game and MF is a good QB but can we please stop making excuses about injury when he messes up. If he does good he deserves credit but when he does bad or makes a mistake its an injury. Nobody is perfect but give credit when its due and fault also. He's a good QB and a game manager that just needs to minimize his mistakes and we will continue to WIN and continue to :wave:
    :geaux:

8. Sourdoughman

That is NOT what I said!:huh:
    I'm tired of various posters including Sabanfan putting words in my mouth!:dis:

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Perhaps it's time for an Arizona Tea with Ginseng and Honey.

No need to get blood boiling over an 8-1, #2 team led by a QB who isn't perfect, but is damn good for a guy who's only started 10 games in his college career.

:geaux: :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I read your entire post and while it may have some merit ( not much ) I will tell you this: Flynn seems to do better when the front line protects him. NO DUH I know simple statement, but that is eaxactly what his problem is, he gets rattled if he has someone breathing down his neck. Cant say I blame him.

This is NOT Flynn's problem. AND I cant really say it is a players problem since we get good push off the ball for a running play.

Notice there are some plays we do fine at protection. Some of it is just reading defenses to be honest. Picking up a rush etc..

Id like to suggest that our O line could use some "coaching up" on pass protection. Or we need to keep someone in the backfield to help.

You arent an effective passer if you are hurried, stepped on and thrown down every play.