"I'm a man. I'm 40"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Apr 18, 2008.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Interesting story. I hope he has a stellar year.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm not sure what to think after reading all that, but I don't think Gundy handled him all that badly. And I do think his mother was probably too involved and the writer wasn't told as much as he could have been concerning her role.

1 person likes this.
  4. Luv4LSU

Luv4LSU Founding Member

great article, thanks for the link! :thumb:

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

boo hoo. sounds like a lot of whining.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That was really interesting.

I went to a seminar a couple of weeks ago, and one of the segments was how over-involved parents are at the college level these days: going to registration with their kids, calling professors when they don't agree with a grade, etc.

Just look at the Mitch Mustain stick at Arkansas. The mother didn't sound like she was innocent in this deal.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And yet not a peep out of her since he left. We'll see if that holds true especially now that Mitch has NOT been named the starter. For parental/family over-involvement see Emmanuel Moody and James Wilson, consequently both at Florida now.

8. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Maybe so, but I hope he has a banner year. Handling quarterbacks is an art...as you might have noticed. Not everybody is a Spurrier...or a Miles.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

couple things.

a well written article.

the fact gundy made the switch because he felt the kid was soft (which I think he is) yet defended him in public is perfectly ok. A team is family and like family you dont air your dirty laundry to others regardless if true or not.

I have no idea how the rant ruined this kid. it didnt add up nor the fact that gundy staged it all. i would tend to think he ranted because he felt some guilt that this kid was being exposed and partly due to him.

even though reid is likely not quite tough enough, he gets my respect for biting his tongue as often as he did because thats hard to do. especially when he was told he would be the savior of the program and the next vince young.

anyone else immediately imagined how things would have changed when mentioned reid almost followed les to LSU? couldnt help tossing that around in the head a bit.

also, i wonder if the chicken was spicy or mild. who the hell eats their sons post-game meal anyhow. much less steals it.

reid shoulda manned up and knocked that chicken leg out her mouf.

1 person likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's fine, but what this kid is going through doesn't seem too much different that what any other kid goes through. Whoever wrote this article wanted to paint the kid as stoic - it sounds more like a kid who was expecting everything to come easily and who balked at challenges. A lot of these kids are supposed to be "the next coming." Do it on the field.