Horrible defensive stat from Ole Miss game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 2, 2023.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

In Kelly's presser today, he said the LSU defense missed 34 tackles for 284 yards! I mean -- holy shit. Subtract those 284 yards from the 706 yards allowed and we're talking about a more respectable total of 422 yards allowed. Add to that yardage all of the 3rd down conversions allowed, and if we had an average defense, we would have won that game. Unreal.

We can complain about coaching all we want. Missed tackles though represent a lack of effort by the players. I lost count as to the number of times a defender whiffed when he had a guy dead to rights.

Yes, the coaching still needs to improve. So does the effort on the field.

This should never happen to an LSU team. It is inexcusable. I hope the players are embarrassed.

Hou-duco and shane0911 like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can't tackle, but their sideline rap/dance technique is impeccable.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Don’t know about that. I the saw video and thought their routine lacked coordination. Kind of like the defense in general.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
    mctiger likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We act like we don’t understand the basics like ball containment and leverage when tackling.
    We also seemed very lackadaisical and happy to let the other guy make a tackle.
    Weeks is an exception to this and a pleasure to watch. Perkins too, they just neutralized him.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

some guys act like they don't want to get their uniform dirty

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

In this morning's presser, CBK pointed out the defense's "inexperience." Matt Moscona points out there there are about 10 transfers with at least 28 games experience. Most have the equivalent of 3-4 season's worth of games played. "Inexperience" is a bullshit excuse.

tigermark and furduknfish like this.
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah they must’ve known how to tackle in high school or they wouldn’t have gotten recruited. Or we did a completely terrible job recruiting

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

They keep playing Perkins in the wrong place. First it was Mike I think, then next to the DT for an easy combo chip by OG. Line him up off line and away from guards so they have to choose him or DE. Not rocket science.