Here is the Liberal double standard

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 24, 2018.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

My initial thought when I saw the story was how could anyone hunt and kill a giraffe? (they are my favorite wild animal) Then I heard this and was ok. She did something legal. Just not something I would ever do.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Does the giraffe get a vote?

Bengal B likes this.
  3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Simple truth is animal herds need to be managed...doesn't matter what kind of animal

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Aren't most of those African big game species endangered?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm in the LaSalle camp. I may not be up in arms so to speak, but game hunting is wrong IMO. And I laugh at the "conservation" aspect since most of these animals wouldn't need conserving if it wasn't for man. Not to mention, just the concept of conserving by killing.....okie dokie.

It's not a good or logical comparison, animals to human. Animals aren't armed, they don't hunt for fun, and they don't leave much meat on the bone. Humans OTOH, kill for sport (both animals and other humans), kill in large numbers, kill for revenge/spite/hate/love/sexual gratification, kill in serial fashion. I'm for killing humans who have shown their unwillingness to follow basic laws and moral concepts, and have been judged by a jury of their peers. Animals? I think they would prefer to be left alone to hunt, eat, reproduce, sleep, play.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Wow where to start. Man has been hunting animals since they lived in caves, it was a natural neccessary instinct. Animals had a huge advantage over humans during the age of the caveman and beyond. Animals didn't need clothes, shoes or fire to live. Animals were not afraid of the night but rather thrived while we were intimidated and frightened of the dark. Animals were also born with weapons to kill we had to develop weapons to survive. Man needed dominion over animals to survive and advance. Like you I have no desire to trophy hunt but I also understand mans natural instincts to hunt. We need to kill animals to eat whether its doing out in the Atchafalaya fishing or hunting or at slaughter houses where we also kill for pork, beef, chicken, fish or goat. Animals kill to eat to and they are vicious and cruel as any human, watch a little Nat Geo sometime.

Have a feeling hunting just for mounting a trophy will slowly go by the wayside.

7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Doesn't matter if an animal is endangered. animals don't have free movement which is the main prevention to inbreeding. Someone must ensure new dna is introduced to the herd easiest way to accomplish this is to kill off the big bull and allow younger bulls to split his herd up.

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Once upon a time Kenya had lots of elephants and lots of trophy hunting. Everyone was happy (except for old bulls with big tusk). Then videos of the kill shot and pics of the dead bulls with the rich white hunters were publicized and sensationalized and people cried all over the world, especially in Hollywood. An uproar ensued and the Trophy Hunting was banned in Kenya.
    With no one protecting the elephant herds anymore the animals were slaughtered by poachers, mostly after ivory. Now Kenya has a small fraction of the elephants that they use to have. But strangely, no one gives a shit. The end.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I bet you like eating animals though.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not giraffes. :D

She wasn't speaking of sustenance hunting though. More of a high-fence type/safari hunts.