Guys, we should be happy we've had a great season!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 27, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It's amazes me how soon we as fans forget where we came from. This team is on the verge of having a 10-win season, which is absolutely miraculous. Less than a year ago, we had 39 scholarship players and were the laughing stock of college football.

Think back to the beginning of the season and answer these questions:
    How many of us thought we were a 9/10 win team when the season started? Nobody
    How many of us thought we would beat Alabama? Nobody
    How many of us thought we would win the SEC West? Nobody
    How many of us thought we would be playing the SEC Championship game? Nobody
    How many of us thought we would be in the Top 25? Not many
    How many of us thought we would in the Top 5? Nobody
    How many of us thought we would beat Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, MSU, Florida and Arkansas when the season started? Nobody
    How many of us thought we would be in discussion for making the playoffs? Nobody
    How many of us thought with one week to go into the regular season, LSU still had a possibility to win a national championship? Nobody
    How many of us thought the new coaching would turn the program around in just a few months? Nobody
    How many of us thought we would have a transfer QB mentioned in any Heisman Trophy conversation this season? Nobody
    How many of us thought we would have an explosive offense with a transfer QB, two true freshman tackles and a couple of transfers manning the line? Nobody

I could go on and on, but the reality is we've had a tremendous season considering the circumstances and we should all be thankful. It was LESS THAN A YEAR AGO that we we were the laughing stock of college football, had just 39 scholarship players, had a WR playing QB in our bowl game when we got embarrassed by Kansas State on national television and players were leaving the program faster than you could blink.

Although the loss to the Aggies and Dumbo stings, I'll take this season every year considering where we started. Sometimes we all need to take a step back and smell the roses to truly appreciate what an incredible season we have had. We beat Bama, won the SEC West and will be playing in the SEC Championship game, so I feel confident in saying that this team has surpassed all of our expectations! I'm excited for the future! Geaux Tigers!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No one’s reading all that. I skimmed it and agree but people don’t like losing, let them vent.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Come on, Tiga...it was a passionately written post.

Give it a chance (let me go and like it)...

LSUTiga, northernvatiger and 65Grad like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Some people here would call Murphy of Murphy's Law an optimist. Nice post Caged.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Great post. All of us would have signed up for this at the beginning of the season, and especially after the opening game loss to FSU. Tigers finish the regular season ranked at 11 in the AP, and 13 in the Coaches Poll. We are way ahead of schedule and the future looks very bright. Geaux Tigers!

StaceyO and TBTrumpet like this.
  6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree that the future looks very bright. I think the thing that impresses me most about CBK and his staff is how quickly they were able to turn around the culture of the program, considering the animal house like atmosphere they inherited. The team now approaches each game with a business like attitude and it shows. That's not to say we won't lose any more games, but it does mean we should win a lot more games than we lose and that has me excited!

Chipeace and northernvatiger like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This. Time will ease the sting of Saturday for most fans and they'll be able to objectively look at this season as a big step in the right direction.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It was a good season. Should have been one game better. Losing that game in that way is depressing. That just can't happen but it did and it sucks

9. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

I have a 24 hour rule for venting. After that, it's time to move on. I have been known to add 24 hours after a loss to Bama or Auburn.

Herb likes this.
  10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Do you limit your student's reports to one paragraph? IconLOL.gif

Winston1 likes this.