Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I play a little myself. I've played off and on since high school (when I would play all the "hair metal" music). But in my older, mellower years... I just mess around on them. I have an Ibanez electric and 3 old acoustic guitars (1 12-string Alvarez, and 2 6-string ones). Here's my Ibanez...
    IMG00017.jpg IMG00015.jpg

This is one of my 6-stringers... it's also electric and sounds amazing on a 2-speaker amp with "sweep-effect" chorus...

IMG00011.jpg

Bayou Tiger and shane0911 like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have a Jameson acoustic electric that looks just like the blue one you posted. I've never been quite satisfied with it and I'm looking to upgrade. What make is yours?

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

couple weeks ago i bought my first acoustic to add to my collection.
    it’s a Fender Electric/Acoustic.

pic i have is apparently too big to upload and i’m too stupid to fix that.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I picked up a little Fender a while back for $50, great little guitar, its not an AE but still plays and sounds great, saw one hanging in a pawn shop the other day for $125 so I guess I made a good deal. Its my travel guitar now because alone in a hotel room is the only decent time I get to play.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

793C3772-9A9F-41F5-B790-D7F9109BC2F8.jpeg

my new AE guitar.

still have a few more i want to add to my collection.
    but i need more space in house (i store them all in their hard cases).
    and i need the money to spend on them.

6. shane0911

Yep, that looks like it.

Get those humidifier things to put inside there. One goes in the sound hole and another up by the tuners while in the case. They work really well and about $30 at guitar center. If you are a cheap ass just save all of those "do not eat" packets from any electronics or other things you might buy and drop those inside the case.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

at first I thought @Nutriaitch 's guitar had a big wet stain on the front, til I realized it's his shadow.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe he peed on it.

9. shane0911

I'm the opposite, I have the Fender like yours, I have an epiphone, a seagull and my grandfather's '56 Gibson J45

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I usually practice sitting down but I have a strap on my strat mainly because rounded edge makes it slide off my leg. I don't have that problem with my acoustic so I never thought about a strap. I was thinking about going to someplace where they have open mike night and playing a couple of songs.. When I went to put a strap on it I discovered that there is a button at the bottom of the guitar for that purpose but none near the top. I found out later that thats the way they sell acoustics. Why in the hell is that?

Anyway I watched a video on how to install a strap button. Looks easy enough but I could fuck it up if I held the drill at the wrong angle. I'll probably do it myself but if I had an expensive guitar I would cringe at the thought. You can get a strap button for as little as $3.54 so why the fuck don't they sell them that way.