Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I had a fake Rolex. It lasted for 5 years. Nobody ever spotted it as a fake. I paid $40. A friend got it on the street in New York City

2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

The "Pride & Joy" Rolex? :D

unclenick likes this.
  3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Had a very nice Christmas! Nice guitar..no frills. Martin 000-15M solid mahogany, made in Nazereth, PA. Price new: $1299 list. But nobody pays list. Martin hardshell wooden case included. Been looking at this model guitar for several years, finally bit. Well technically, my wife gave it to me for Christmas. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No binding at all, very basic. Satin finish. Sound is incredible if you like mahogany guitars. Incredible build quality. Solid mahogany top, back & sides. Bone nut & drop-in bone saddle, rosewood fretboard & bridge. They also sell a D-15M, a Dreadnough version.

I tried to find a video not trying to sell stuff, but seems impossible. This is a pretty good one though.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    unclenick and Perple like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All of the videos try to sell you stuff but some do provide useful information for free. O have been on Grif Hamlin's Blues Unleashed mziling list for years.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Probably the best value on an American made acoustic these days. I can't decide which one I like better soundwise between the M series & the regular D series. Love the HD-28, but that Hog sound is just awesome too! Looking seriously at a D-15M, since you got the Auditorium size. Sounds completely different than rosewood & spruce.

BTW, Can't believe you aren't sleeping in a loungechair outside your house by now! :D How the Hell did you talk her into giving you a guitar for Christmas?? You might have to keep/hide mine at your house for a bit, if I get the DM-15.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    unclenick and TigerTap like this.
  6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

@TigerTap Forgot. Buck Knives have been partnering with Taylor Guitars for ebony handle wood on certain knives. Bob Taylor & PRS now have the best wood stock in America right now. My Buck/ Taylor USA Christmas gift below. Wife still gave me that you better not say say PRS, Martin, Gibson, Taylor, Fender look. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    unclenick and TigerTap like this.
  7. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Yep, very hard to beat at that price. Very differnt tone than the spruce tops. MF has those 20% 30% off sales pretty often. Can't really go wrong with their free return policy. If they F'up, you could get a gift card. Mine arrived perfect. A lounge chair? Maybe the couch, lol. Ironically, because it's a 000 size, she likes it. She can sit and try to play it. Well, the major chords anyway. She struggles holding the Dreadnought. She asked what I wanted, she gave that same look you mentioned, but finally said OK. :D Very nice pocket knife! Didn't know about Taylor/Buck partnership. Very cool. I think I can keep the D-15M if you get one. I'd love to get a new case for the 28., like the caee that cane with the 000. Seriously good case. She's banned me/us from Maryland, so no factory tours for awhile. Ah, but she hasn't been to Nazareth, PA yet! ;)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    unclenick and Perple like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

David Gilmour or Keith Richards? Who is better?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You even have to ask? Keith rocks. David plays

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village