Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

That’s all I’d need .... since the lockdown, all I’ve done is eat and drink. Blew the ol Keto diet to hell.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I ate a sandwich and some soup. I want to go to a restaurant and eat a steak or a seafood platter.

But not the new Superior Grill on Highland. They had a canopy tent outside for people to get their pickup orders. For those who don't know Superior Grill is a Mexican place. Owned by a white man.

Girl in tent gave me a menu. I usually get fajitas at Mexican restaurants. But not for $28 for 1 serving. Hamburger on menu.$16. Dollar extra for grilled onions. $2:extra for each cheese and bacon. No way Jose. Too bad the owner isn't Mexican. He needs to be deported.

3. onceanlsufan

I used to go to the one in Shreveport. Don’t remember it being that expensive ... but then that was 30 years ago. Ha

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I used to go to the one on Government street in Baton Rouge. Prices were reasonable. It's a Mexican restaurant with sort of decent food and a margarita not as good as a lot of other places. There are places with better for a lot less. A couple of them are owned by real Mexicans.

Funny how if you go into a Chinese place the owner and all the employers are Chinese. Almost all of the Mexican restaurants in Baton Rouge are owned by white people. Houston has way better Mexican food because there are so many places owned by Mexicans.

Jmg and onceanlsufan like this.
  5. onceanlsufan

I hear ya. All of our Mexican joints are owned and operated by Latinos. If you are ever headed to Branson and go up HWY 65 in AR through a town called Damascus, there is a Mexican Joint called Amigos Locos. Do yourself a flavor and stop. By far some of the best authentic Mex Food I’ve had. And the folk who run it are really nice people.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was in OKC about 10 years ago for a couple of weeks. One street i would drive down was all small businesses. Every other business was a taqueria.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What street?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That was 10 years ago. The start of it was somewhere close to where there's a Holiday Inn and another hotel next to each other. A little to the east if i recall. Just a bunch of crappy little businesses like auto repair and stuff.. I only remember because I wondered how so many taquerias could stay in business all bunched together like that. I didn't eat at any of them.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

really wanting a Gretsch double cutaway hollow body. walnut finish.
    something like harrison played on Ed Sullivan show.
    except i don't think i want the bigsby style trem that he used.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

or do i go black on black strat like david gilmour?

shane0911 likes this.