Game of Thrones season 7 thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 4, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There is no lack of material. D&D did that so they could 1. Show titties 2. Set up a love interest to kill 1 lover off.

We could have gotten 10 minutes of Bran vision, 10 minutes at the wall, 10 minutes of virtually anything.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

So, in the first episode of the season, John goes against Sansa by saying he won't punish other houses, specifically the Karstocks and Umbers, for the sins of their father and he allows the children to pledge fealty to him and House Stark. But what happened to House Bolton? I know that, before she fed him to his dogs, Sansa told Ramsay that his house and name would disappear, but do the books go into detail about how that actually happened? What house was elevated and given the Bolton's land and castle. I'm also curious to know if there were any repercussions against the Bolton's men, since technically they were all Stark banner men. I doubt they were hanged, since the North needs all the men it can get to fight the Army of the Dead, but surely something had to be done since they betrayed Robb.​

3. LaSalleAve

No, books haven't made it this far yet. Rose Bolton is warden of the north in the books currently. House Bolton in the show though is dead. Ramsay killed Roose, Fat Walda, and his step brother. House Bolton is no more. Also in the books House Bolton has a long history of fucking over the Starks, they were enemies longer than allies historically speaking. In fact flaying originated with Bolton's flaying Stark men and wearing their skin into battle. The Karstarks and Umbers have always been loyal Stark bannermen. In fact I doubt very seriously the Umbers betray the Starks in the books. Maybe the Karstarks because Robb beheaded their father, but I can't see the Umbers. Not to mention the Umbers had family killed at the Red Wedding and I think Small Jon is a hostage.

fanatic and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

The writers of this show continue to confuse me. Glossed over meeting at the Wierwood Tree between Sansa and Bran. Glossed over Battle for Highgarden but last week 10 minutes of eunuch sex. Grey Worm is way more entertaining in battle. All and all though this was a drama packed episode and the best of the season thus far. Lena is such a fantastic actress. As is the woman who plays Ellaria Sand and Tyene Sand actually did a fantastic job in the dungeon scene as well. And you can tell Bran has completely changed. He is very stoic now, emotionless.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

"Lena is such a fantastic actress",.. agreed, she is riveting in every scene she plays,.. bravo giving Ellaria her just dessert.. Daenerys' meeting John Snow was exquisitely tense and their chemistry's so icy hot, fantastic,.. one of my favorite scenes to date. I fall more in love every time I see her.
    I hate those fucking Greyjoys, just like I'm supposed to,.. Tyrion is great as always,.. I was bummed to see the episode end.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Winston1 likes this.
  6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Euron may be my favorite character now...everything about him is intense and really good actor playing that role.

7. LaSalleAve

When he asked Jaime if Cersei liked a finger in the ass was absolute gold. He is my favorite villain on this show easily.

8. LaSalleAve

I was too, this episode for not having much action until the end was fantastic. The dialogue was great, the acting was out of this world and how about Bran. Is he stoic and emotionless now or what? Sansa showing her leadership skills at Winterfell, I mean all and all it was one of my favorite episodes to date (not counting the major episode 9's of the season)

One thing I don't understand though.

In the intro there is still a stag atop King's Landing while Kings Landing itself in the show is littered with Lannister Lions. There are no Baratheon stags anywhere in the show, but the intro still has it? Odd.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

[​IMG]

10. LaSalleAve

Also why hasn't Tyrion or Varys told Dany that Ned Stark was vehemently against trying to have Dany killed?

fanatic and GiantDuckFan like this.