Game of Thrones season 7 thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 4, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well we know he makes it to Casterly Rock based on trailer footage, you see him on a small skiff about to go into a secret entrance at the Rock, but I'm with you I think he dies there, or somewhere else.

Arya, was pretty cool seeing Nym and both of them completely changed. I think in a way Arya realizes that the wolves are stronger as a pack, but also she says "that's not you" which is a throwback to season 1 when Arya tells Ned "that's not me" when Ned says she will be the wife of a Lord at a nice castle. She knows that being a domesticated pet is not in the cards for Nym anymore and it's not in the cards for her either. That was a cool scene.

The Greyjoy battle was awesome. Euron is a fucking madman, and he can back up his talk. Glad to see both of those sand snakes get it, they are annoying, the one that lived is definitely the best looking but seems she, her mother and Yara will be offered to Cersei as a gift and Ellaria Sand may suffer the same fate Elia Martell suffered at the hands of the Mountain. Kind of ironic considering that was the catalyst that drove Oberyn to come to Kings Landing, and to represent Tyrion in trial by combat against the Mountain, because if you remember it was Amory Lorch and The Mountain who murdered and raped Elia Martell and her children during the Lannister sacking of Kings Landing during Robert's Rebellion.

Also did you notice that in the opening intro credits it shows the water to the east of the wall as frozen now? It didn't last season that was sea. I wonder if the army of the dead just walks over the water.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Tyrion was in charge of all the sewer systems at Casterely Rock so I assume he is showing Worm the easy way in while also attacking from the front.

I caught all the other stuff which is why I love the show so much. Every word means something and I like the multiple throwback moments in the last 2 episodes.

I saw the Water frozen and there is a quote somewhere about when the waves become frozen. But to walk right around though. Not sure what to think about that but I hope that is not the case but it would have some nice irony if so.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The Sand Snakes got a couple of shots in on him before they died. Do you think their blades were poisoned? It would be out of character for them if they weren't, considering that they're all poison masters, as was their father and they seem to always use it to their advantage. But next weeks trailer shows Euron riding into Kings Landing with Cersi's gifts, so its either very slow acting or he wasn't poisoned.

Speaking of Cersi's gifts, I'm not sure why she would want Yara. I thought the gift would be Allaria (sp?} since she killed Myrcella and Tyene, so Cersi could torture and kill while making Allaria watch.

What do you make of Kyburn's anti dragon cross bow? I was thinking the 2 smaller dragons would be killed, but not Drogon. But then, how will Jon and Tyrion ride them if they're dead?

I hope not. What purpose would The Wall have served for all of those centuries, if the Night King can just freeze the ocean? It would kind of render it pointless.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I wondered about that as well. I really hate their mom, she acts like such a badass,.. but you know in real life that actress would struggle to lift a gallon of milk, I think she was miscast,.. speaking of casting, I think Tyrion and especially Cercei are played perfectly.

It took me about a week to watch 6+ seasons, but I'm up to speed now,.. one thing, in the book Catelyn Stark was murdered at the red wedding and thrown into the river, but later she returned not dead, but grotesque, maimed and fucked up. I guess HBO didn't think continuing that role important and cut it out,.. or,.. not in sequence, will she show up later. What is you guys take on that?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  5. LaSalleAve

That's a really good question and I didn't even think of that. Why weren't their weapons poisoned? Yara would make a great hostage for Cersei but she would definitely want Sand and Sand. I think Yara is going to be killed by Euron anyway. Don't think the surface to air dragon missile will come into play, maybe I'm wrong. I do think that Viscerion will die at the hands of the White Walkers and will become an Ice Dragon that the Night King will mount. In fact I think the last scene of the season will be the Dragon's eyes turning blue, cut to credits season over.

As far as the ocean freezing check the intro. Watch season 6 episode 9 and look to the right of the Wall at the sea then watch the intro for season 7 episode 2 and you can see it's all frozen. Not saying that will happen but it's definitely frozen over there by Eastwatch by the Sea which is where Thoros, Beric, Hound and the brothers are headed.

You will see Jon Snow, Beric, the Hound, and Thoros, go north of the wall with Jorah, and Theon and maybe Davos to catch a wight to show Danerys so she will join the battle up north. I'm pretty sure Jon will die again and Beric will breathe the kiss of life into him and Beric, and Thoros won't survive beyond the Wall. Dany flies in on her dragon and the other 2 dragons as well and 1 will die, that's where it will turn into an ice dragon.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I believe you. I just hope it's not the case. If the Night King can freeze the ocean, then it basically means The Wall has been unnecessary and irrelevant for centuries. I'd much rather see the wall come tumbling down.
    I know you have to suspend reality at certain points watching the show, but maybe Lady Stoneheart would be too cartoonish? Obviously, I'm just speculating.

7. bhelmLSU

Lady Stoneheart probably just too difficult to make work within the time frame of the show and I think we see some of her traits in Arya and Sansa. Side question...is it right to assume Lady Stoneheart must be a fire wight like I suspect Jon and Beric are because they are technically dead and brought back by the lord of light?

I do expect Jon to die again and either get the Kiss of Life from Beric or Arya kills the Red Women before she can bring him back (assuming Beric and his priest are not around anymore)

I do see at least one dragon getting changed to the other side and I suspect it would be Drogan and we see her biggest dragon who never lived in captivity vs the 2 smaller captive dragons. Likely Ice Dragon IMO especially given I do not expect Euron and his dragon horn which controls dragons not making it into the show.

8. LaSalleAve

Stoneheart being cut is fine with me, they have basically merged her character with Arya and Sansa so that's ok with me, plus in the books she is more of a footnote than an actual character.

I just don't like the fact that now that we are down to the nitty gritty we get 10 minutes of a eunuch trying to fuck. What the hell?

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I wonder if that's just filler to cover a lack of material, HBO cut the season from ten episodes to seven, why, lack of material?

George Martin has been remarkably slow, slowww, about releasing book six. Here's what he said two years ago,.. "Believe me, it gave me no pleasure to type those words. You’re disappointed, and you’re not alone. My editors and publishers are disappointed, HBO is disappointed, my agents and foreign publishers and translators are disappointed… but no one could possibly be more disappointed than me. For months now I have wanted nothing so much as to be able to say, “I have completed and delivered THE WINDS OF WINTER” on or before the last day of 2015."
    http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...in-Disappointed-Game-Thrones-Fans-108727.html
    ... and we're still waiting.

The much delayed "The Winds of Winter" will possibly have a 2018 release date. Although he said he's still working on "The Winds of Winter," he admitted that the book is months away from completion.
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/t...-george-r-r-martin-teases-2018-launch-193319/

10. bhelmLSU

Not for lack of material...The Producers of the show were given the ending and most of what lead up to it and the producers have been working back from that. I suspect RR will change much of what he told them the ending would be once he finally sits down and writes it.