Game of Thrones season 7 thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So you must have been sharing the file as well as downloading. That's how you got caught. When I did it I would turn off file sharing.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nope, didn't seed never seed

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I used to hack the DirecTV cards back in the day. Then DirectTV started suing sites that sold the equipment to do it, then get their customer list and go after people who bought from them. Most ended up settling because they could afford the legal fees to fight it, so basically DTV strong armed them. Luckily for me, I'm paranoid. I ordered my shit from a public computer, paid for it COD, and had it sent to my 80yr old grandmother's house, who didn't even own a computer.

I didn't really see much risk in watching it. It was HBO's fuck up that made it available anyway. They accidentally posted this Sunday's ep. to their European subscribers. It was only up for an hour or so, but that's basically an eternity to a hacker.

4. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

yea its streaming not downloading

5. LaSalleAve

True but it's still intellectual property. And any upload or download of it is illegal. Now they could have watched it in that hour and it's entirely HBO's fault those people did what anyone would do.

Jesus I can't believe what I'm saying. I'm so different than I was 10 years ago.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You're right, of course, but I just don't think they're going to spend the time and resources going after people who watched it because of a self inflicted error.

7. LaSalleAve

Oh I don't either. Now the people that decided to rip it and upload it? Maybe

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Exodus isn't as risky because the vids are on file hosting sites. Torrents are what will get you hit these days. I signed up for a one week trail on HBO on Vue, then cancelled, then signed up for a one month trial 0f HBONow. Gets me through most of the season.

9. LaSalleAve

That's what got me through the last season of Black Sails on Starz. Though quite honsestly I liked having the Starz standalone and may rejoin.

10. LaSalleAve

Son of a bitch it's coming. It's gonna be painful like when one of the wolves die.