From the mouths of Vets...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

There are some anti-war veterans, and I have no problem with that. If I had been through what they've been through, I would have second thoughts about fighting as well. We are a free country because of them, and one of our most important freedoms is dissent.

That said, I still find the anti-war position lacking. The anti-war veterans should at least be aware that this movement has a very vicious anti-American crowd backing it. I don't think they understand the full reality of what we are trying to do here, which is to end a serious threat to the Middle East and American security. Hussein is in violation of the Gulf War armistice treaty and UN Resolutions requiring it to disarm. He remains in possession of intermediate range missiles, VX, and Lord knows what else (a ton of stuff unaccounted for since 1998) He must be made to comply. Diplomacy not backed by the threat of force is meaningless. I think we are seeing that with Bill Clinton and North Korea (which I know we will have to deal with as well. One fire at a time).

And also, the vast majority of American veterans support President Bush's position on Iraq. The American Legion is firmly in his corner.

Now, can we debate this without calling names and questioning people's patriotism? We all play a role in our Constitutional Republic. Every voice must be heard.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Alan Keyes would make a wonderful president if he ever got the chance. But the U.S. would still have problems. We always do.

3. JD

JD Founding Member

Once again, the voice of the far right is that if you don't agree with their god, George Bush, then you are unamerican. That's why and how they beatify cowardly lechers like Limbo, Henry Hyde and Roach Delay that talk big, but when it was their turn, they slithered away in abject cowardice (at best - cast racial diatribes in the case of delay).
    And Once again, there is very little MORE unamerican than calling opinions with which you disagree unamerican.
    And we see trashing of Vets, while calling hypociritcal cowards patriotic.
    All the far right wants is a western Iraq. Period.

4. JD

JD Founding Member

The true patriot is one who has the courage to send black people to war --->that is the message of the far right wing freedom haters in this country.

5. JD

JD Founding Member

That's interesting - why, then, do you have respect for trash like hyde, limbo, gunkrich and the rest of the republicans, none of whom served and all of whom poked whom they shouldn't?

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Do liberals ever use real names? As far as poking - the loss of respect came because he poked that freaking pig Lewinsky. For crying out loud. He's President! Get Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock. Not some fat ass intern. At least JFK "entertained" Marilyn Monroe.

7. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

It is just as we suspect you liberals are more against Bush than you are the war. As far as Clinton we supported him when he was keeping 'peace' in Bosnia, or when he used more weapons on Kosovo than in the Gulf War. Where were you "anti-war" freaks when those "innocent" civilians were being killed. The liberals problem is they are still counting votes. Get over it, you LOST! If Al Gore was president and was trying to defend our country,(Ha Ha) I would be behind him 100%.

8. miketiger

miketiger Founding Member

The problem with the anti-war movement is that they are on the wrong side of history. From Neville Chamberlin to Martin Sheen, they always give aid and comfort to maniacs who in the end must be defeated for the benifit of mankind. Peace must be won. The world is not a safe place. September 11th changed everything. We no longer have the luxury of sitting back and hoping things will be ok. God Bless America and our leaders.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

"Very few burdens are heavy if everyone lifts." - Anonymous