Food in Your Fridge

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Oct 25, 2011.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Leftovers in Your Fridge

How long to you keep leftovers in it before throwing them. 3-5 days here but I'm guessing they are good longer assuming optimal temp.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I like to eat so leftovers don't usually make it past the next day very often, i usually won't make something new until the other is gone first.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

After three days it is dog food. The dog appreciates this. I freeze any food I plan to keep for more than 3 days.

However, I tend to keep condiments until they are empty or until they turn green and fungi begin living la vida loca in there.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

within three days, I have total confidence. I won't eat anything outside of about 6 days. Between 3 and 6 days depends on the type of food, look, smell, and how hungry I am. For my wife, one day or maybe two max and she starts chunking it.

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

For leftovers I give most things a week. Seafood a little less. If it passes the smell test then I eat it. For things like dressing, mustard, sauces, etc that expiration is a scam. I've had dressing a year past the date and its perfectly good.