FBI executes search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This deserves it's own thread. First, for a man who fancies himself the ultimate Alpha male, he sure does play the victim role a lot. The FBI did not "raid" his home, nor did they lay "siege" to it. The FBI executed a search warrant that had to be approved by a federal judge who agreed that the evidence they presented equaled probable cause, the bar that must be cleared. Trump's attorneys claim that they cannot release the search warrant but independent lawyers claim otherwise. I am not an attorney so I don't know the truth but I do know that Trump thrives off of ambiguity because it allows him the space to create an alternate reality where he is being politically persecuted and the FBI and DOJ are being politicized and weaponized against him. Never mind the fact that he has been under multiple investigations for years. The FBI and DOJ will never speak publicly about the search warrant until they are in a court room in front of a judge because they have nothing to gain by doing so. Republican calls for them to show their cards are a joke. Since when does that happen in an investigation, right? It's just laughable. I also find it humorous that the party that insists they are the party of law and order are now threatening to defund the police(FBI).

Trump, like every other US citizen, deserves due process and is innocent until proven guilty. The DOJ will eventually have to put up or shut up, same thing I said about Trump after the 2020 election....and we all know how that has gone. That said, searches such as this generally happen closer to the end of investigations rather than the beginning. I, for one, do not believe Trump's lawyers who have claimed that this search warrant dealt with documentation. I just don't believe the FBI and DOJ take this extraordinary step unless it is something far more serious than documents. However, prosecutors and investigators will always go after the low hanging fruit first. Once inside, any information they find is fair game so....

Lastly, I took the time to read over the threads from when Hillary's emails were a thing. Many of your comments from then aren't aging well. I got a kick out of the outrage many of you displayed then and now are saying the exact opposite. The comment that has aged the worst isn't one from FSA but from Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who tweeted in November of 2016, "When you are attacking FBI agents because you are under criminal investigation, you're losing." Well guys, today Trump is losing and losing badly, worse than in 2020 when he lost by 7 million votes. The part that puzzles me most is that you guys continue to ride the wagon of a guy who lost the Presidency, the House and the Senate after his first term.....the first President to do so since Herbert Hoover. You are putting your faith in a man who hasn't been able to provide a shred of evidence of his Big Lie claims in almost two years. You are chomping at the bit to vote for a guy who openly says that he will fire everyone in these federal institutions and replace them with loyalists or close the agencies altogether. Your insistence that Trump will rise again and "clean house" are wishful at best. Democracy is winning, the rule of law is winning, America is winning. You may not like the America we live in today because it doesn't look like the one you grew up in but your parents said the same thing and our kids will say the same.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this of course could not happen….

https://nypost.com/2022/08/09/fbi-even-searched-melanias-wardrobe-in-trump-raid/

FBI agents scoured Melania Trump’s wardrobe and spent several hours combing through Donald Trump’s private office, breaking open his safe and rifling through drawers when they raided the former First Family’s Mar-a-Lago home in Florida Monday morning.

The Post has learned that the search warrant used by the FBI to enter the palatial Palm Beach property focused solely on presidential records and evidence of classified information being stored there.
    A source close to the former president expressed concern that FBI agents or DOJ lawyers conducting the search could have “planted stuff” because they would not allow Trump’s attorneys inside the 128-room building to observe the operation, which lasted more than nine hours.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Ahh yes. More Trump threads. This must be the magic one. Got him this time. Surely, those walls.

Frogleg and shane0911 like this.
  4. Tiger in NC

Hey @kcal....been a while. Hope you and yours are well. This is exactly what I meant when I said that there will be stories that emerge right now that take advantage of the ambiguity behind something like executing a search warrant. The FBI and DOJ aren't going to talk because that is not their MO. I anticipate that in the interim, before Garland is standing in front of a microphone, one way or the other, Trump will try his best through his own words and those of his surrogates to muddy the waters as much as he can with accusations like this. A search warrant is exactly what it sounds like....authority to search the premise. Searches aren't confined to any particular office, room, drawer or storage. They are broad. I have no doubt that they left no leaf unturned as you would expect. This means that even Melania's underwear drawer will be searched. Trump's office seems a no brainer to be searched. I don't put a lot of credit behind stories like this from either side right now because in truth none of us really knows. As I said in my OP, Trump is deserving of due process just like any other US citizen and he will get it. Eventually an announcement will have to be made that the investigation is over and didn't produce proof of a crime or they will announce an indictment and move forward with litigation. Until then we are all just speculating. As a reference, I read a left wing rag this morning that claimed all kinds of nefarious things were found during the search. Truth is, until we hear it from someone with authority it is just hearsay.

Winston1 and kcal like this.
  5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

The judge is a former Epstein (the one) lawyer and a huge contributor to Obama.

Perple and shane0911 like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

"The FBI executed a search warrant that had to be approved by a federal judge who agreed that the evidence they presented equaled probable cause, the bar that must be cleared."

Like when the FBI lied on the FISA?

The problem with Tiger, Rex, Winston et al is that they are not consistent and routinely lie here, on this forum.

For example, Tiger, in is OP mentions HRC. HRC was not the president. She in her station had no authority to do ANYTHING with regards to classification status. Trump and every president has full authority to declassify whatever in the fuck they want. Period. Or classify and seal things, such as Obama routinely did and sealed all his records for 12 years:

https://www.worldtribune.com/obama-puts-his-presidential-records-off-limits-for-12-years/

Further, Obama did in fact do what Trump did as have most every president. None of us here made any thread about Obama doing things like this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-administration-spent-36m-on-records-lawsuits-last-year/

But in the end, like all the other "investigations" they will tell us we have to wait and see and they will "accept" the results, which again, is another lie as they just move on to the next "got him".

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Tiger in NC

Glad you brought this up because since last night I've heard this from my friends on the right and the exact opposite from many of my friends on the left. So I decided to do some digging and here is what I found:

First, we should be very careful here because there is no confirmation that this person is indeed the judge and we won't know for sure until the search warrant is made public. That said, the supposed judge in question, Bruce Reinhart, entered his role not long after Trump was elected. However, Trump did not nominate him. In fact, no President nominated him. The US magistrate judge is actually appointed by a majority vote of the active district judges of the court. Further, it is on record that Reinhart twice made $1000 donations to Obama's campaign and once made a $500 donation to Jeb Bush. This is all I could find on him. At this point, in fairness, this information is likely being extrapolated based upon the district where the warrant was issued since no one has yet seen the warrant. Regarding the Epstein accusation, I found that his firm represented some of the figures surrounding Epstein like his pilot, etc. Reinhart is on record as stating he didn't actively take part in this representation. So, let's face it....your media is going to make this guy out to be whomever they want and there are plenty of voices on the left who'd like to paint him as a Trump appointee. Once we see the search warrant we will know a lot more but it doesn't appear that he is the demon that either side would like to paint him as.

rockwallfan and Winston1 like this.
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

If the FBI search was not justified we can know that.... just release the warrant, trump.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Yeah, that's the new republican excuse.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

valid?