Fans Boo NFL Loudly at Every Game

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's because the left changed the definition of the word racist to include anybody who doesn't toe the party line.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

You miserable hateful, son of a bitch,.. I'm not on a side. To hell with Kaepernik for dragging his social agenda into my sports world,.. to hell with Trump for making hay on this to appease his idiot base of supporters,.. and to hell with you for acting like Trump's faithful dog.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Do you know the difference between the verbs "diss" and "damage"?

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

If it quacks like a duck...

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

What an ignorant statement! You are saying that a veteran who served in Afganistan doesn't know what America is supposed to be or what the flag is supposed to represent? HE RISKED HIS DAMNED LIFE FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  6. VHSTiger

VHSTiger Freshman

Are you surprised given who posted it?

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

If he thinks it's OK for an American president to call a peaceful protester a "son of a bitch" for speaking out about racism then, yes, that's precisely what I'm saying.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You know a very real part of good communication is making sure your audience understands you're point. I would say the protesters don't have a clue. Even if I give them credit for good intentions and that they're not intending to disrespect the flag but call attention to what they see as a serious problem with the police, they're failing to reach their audience.
    The vast majority believe they are disrespecting the flag, the nation and the very society that is paying them so well. The status of the flag and the national anthem has been a hot point for over 40 years when Vietnam protesters actually did intend disrespect. This is fixed in the minds of a great majority of people especially those who are football fans. You @Rex with your superior intellect and morals may think they're just racist ignorant pigs but they're the ones paying the salaries of the players. The NFL has taken a $200 million hit in just two weeks. How much more will it cost them?

My comment here is not about rights to protest or proprietary of the protest. It's certainly not about Trump's reaction. Nor is it about the weak and hypocritical reaction of Roger Goodell and the NFL. As @uscvball pointed out so well they're bowing to this even though it flies in the face of NFL rules and other worthy memorials such as the salute to the murdered Dallas police officers.

My point is they're doing a poor job of getting their point across. It's making things worse not better. Yes @Rex Trump is playing to his basest instincts and his rump. He's getting just what he wants because he has no shame and as PT Barnum said (I think it was him) there's no such thing as bad publicity in his mind. No real progress will be made and it won't save one black life. We'll see but right now it's hurting the NFL and by default the players in their pocket book much more than anything.

If they really want to change things they'd use their bully pulpit specifically to make their concerns known. How about working with police and community organizations to better communicate? How about demanding their own people quit murdering, robbing and drugging their own. How about they encourage real education both from the community and from the schools? I know many do individually and good for them. However they would be more effective and IMO more respected if they forgo the emotional demonstration and support the real work needed.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Agree with everything except your statement on Trump. What do you mean playing to basest instincts? Do you mean he shouldn't be the guy we think he is the guy we voted for? If he is like me which I think he is than I voted for him because he is calling out and exposing these ungrateful overpaid assholes. That is what we want him to do and the fans reactions at these games proves he is on the right side. The NFL can go to hell as far as I am concerned. These protest are hollow and misplaced. The fans know it and are sick of it. Unlike your boy Obama who used 2 false narratives, Travon Martin and Michael Brown, to push his anti cop and anti white agenda this is a real issue. Because Trump or anyone else SUGGEST that the NFL owners fire these players does not dtop them from protesting. A suggestion is not a law and Trump and the rest of us have every right to do this.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Do you understand what "Congress shall make no law" means? No one's suggesting anyone be arrested for protesting. But Freedom of Speech means freedom from prosecution, not freedom from consequences.

Bengal B and Winston1 like this.