Explain why J Lee is better...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 12, 2011.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

We won the game because our defense pushed Bama out of field goal range in OT. We didn't have to gain 1 yard to kick the winning field goal. And the big gain that got us inside the 10 in OT. . .was made by Ford to the outside.

Thanks for ignoring the rest of my points though.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Ok...Like what exactly?? Yes. He led the way to beat Bama...that's ONE thing. But in most every other game he's been in, he rarely was asked to throw the ball and for multiple games, he had a cameo appearance with a sympathy play from the 1 yard line at the END of drives without ever having led the team down the field.

So your claim that those in favor of Lee over JJ "CANNOT see what JJ has done" is just as laughable as anything else. This whole debate is laughable! I've come to that conclusion...after hashing it out just like everyone else in this "Civil War Debate of QB's".

Bottom line: We have 2 subpar QB's on a PHENOMINALLY GIFTED TEAM where NEITHER ONE OF THEM would be undefeated without the other.

JJ's NOT going to beat teams throwing the freaking ball when the game's on the line and Lee wouldn't have been able to get it done with his legs vs Bama when the passing game was stalling and his confidence rattled.

I love 'em both for what they've done FOR LSU, but I know this sounds bad to say, but I can't wait for them BOTH to graduate so we can ALL stop this madness!

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

VERY much. He is effective with it and making right decisions.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That there says enough about how you think.....

5. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Well he ran it twice tonight, AND ran for 14 yds and a first down!:hihi:

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Quite possibly. Tonight may have been 2 things: 1) a reward to JJ for playing well last week, and 2) an opportunity for JJ to run the O and get some much-needed reps throwing the ball.

I actually wished they would have given JJ more passes in the other games he played in because I was figuring we'd need him against bama.....

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

How did ford get the ball? What play?

Oh yea,,, Option....

8. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I agree but our offense was able to wear down the Alabama defense throughout the 2nd half. We did that by stretching the field and neutralizing Alabama's size.

Yes it would. Have you seen an option team do well against an upper-tier BCS team?

Good for those teams, but our offense is not option-based for the reason I've mentioned before. It is only there to spread the defense out. I said that defenses would have to respect the pass based on his performance tonight and the fact that he will be getting major playing time, not just as an option QB.

The reason we don't use him as a passing QB is because we already have one. Now we can maximize JJ as a runner like we never have before. No one can deny that he is an effective running QB.

No worries, that's what a discussion is for. We def need both QBs.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

and you don't think at all if what you were bitching about in the first place isn't the same damn thing you were criticizing others for doing.

Moron.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Too funny all the arguing over which QB when they're both pretty terrible. We win DESPITE our QB, not BECAUSE of him/them.