Eli Ricks to transfer portal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Nov 22, 2021.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Poor fuggar. Lmao

furduknfish likes this.
  2. DeeDee

DeeDee Veteran Member

Saban left LSU for the NFL because he said he was a real man. Enough said.

3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

So how do you feel about Joe Burrow? The portal gives, and the portal takes away.

He is tiger bait absolutely, and for sure it was fun seeing him get burnt. However schools have been doing this sort of thing to players when they don't work out or whatever... So now the players have that ability too when the schools become dumpster fires... However I sort of feel like we as fans need to be less toxic towards players that come and go. Sort of a double standard.

And finally, fuck bama.

KyleK likes this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Nope. Joe was a graduate transfer who left to get playing time. Ricks and Max Johnson were starters and big contributors on this team and they bail when a new coach was hired. Screw them. I remind my A&M grad buddy every week about the Max Johnson curse upon the Aggies. Fuck that shit.

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Joe Burrow wasnt starting at Ohio State and had no prospects.

Ill bet you Ricks was tampered with by Bama although they would never admit it.

Rolan likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think there is a bit of granularity that needs to be factored in. Ricks had absolutely no reason to want to jump ship other than just being a punk. Fuck him! That is not even comparable to the Burrow situation where he felt he could play, felt he was better than what was ahead of him on the depth chart so he went to sow his oats somewhere else. Notice Burrow didn't go to Michigan. Therein lies the difference. Ricks is a little bitch and deserves no quarter from the P&G

Winston1, geaux9 and Hou-duco like this.
  7. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I was listening to a show where the point was made, maybe these players are in the portal for a reason, as in, maybe their original teams no longer wanted them. Ricks was brought up as someone unwanted by LSU, whereas, the Tigers held on to Boutte. Regardless of how we feel about any of these players, that was an interesting perspective from other SEC fans. I’m thinking it was a show bent towards BAMA. Can’t specifically recall.

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Ricks met Orgeron when Orgeron was an assistant at USC under Kiffin and Ricks was 8 years old. Ricks came to LSU to play for Orgeron. When Orgeron was fired, Ricks - and several other players - were pissed and left the team.

It's that simple.

Rolan likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Possible, probable even.

Fuck Him!!!

Herb likes this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I don’t even think about Ricks so much but Johnson left us high and dry before the bowl game. I can’t get out of my mind LSU starting a receiver as QB. That shit doesn’t go away.

He is getting his rewards now. Good for him and that team.

mctiger likes this.