Ed Orgeron

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Nov 28, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i agree. do not want chavis. at all.

2. tigerbaitabq

tigerbaitabq Founding Member

Our players need strict discipline. I can't endorse this guy either.

In 1991, while an assistant at Miami, a "permanent injunction of protection" was granted to a woman by a Dade County court against Orgeron prohibiting "any act of domestic violence." Orgeron was ordered into a 26-week domestic violence counseling program. Subsequently, a "highly intoxicated" Orgeron was arrested in a Baton Rouge, Louisiana bar fight in 1992 and charged with felony second-degree battery among other charges. The charges were eventually dropped but Orgeron was placed on probation by the Miami athletic department.[8]
    Calling those moments of his life "shattering," Ed Orgeron returned home to his family in Larose, LA, to get his life back in order. Said Orgeron of the troubled period, "I stayed home with my parents and my younger brother (Steven), and got back to my roots and let everything pan out like it should."[9][10]
    Controversy arose for Mississippi and Orgeron after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans. One of the most affected institutions was Tulane University. After Tulane football players were displaced by Katrina, Athletic Director for Mississippi, Pete Boone, suggested that Orgeron contact Tulane over the future of their football program and the possibility of player transfer.
    Tulane head coach Chris Scelfo was less than pleased with the idea. Scelfo attacked Orgeron after the incident, called those coaches or administrators connected to the Tulane controversy "lower than dirt" and later stated that "there's people in our business who do not belong in our business". The Southeastern Conference investigated the alleged infractions but found that no league or NCAA rules were violated and exonerated Mississippi and Coach Orgeron.[11]
    In 2007, 20 Mississippi football players were placed on indefinite probation by the University for having stolen pillows and clock radios from hotels in which the team had stayed. All 20 players paid for the stolen items and therefore no NCAA rules were broken, according to the NCAA. Coach Orgeron stated that the incident would be dealt with internally and that no one would miss the season finale against arch-rival Mississippi State, because none of the 20 players had been a discipline problem before. For the same reason, that being no previous discipline issues, the school refused to release the names of the players.[12]

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I wouldn't want coach O because he's a buffoon.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

A buffoon who can recruit like a Machine.
    He is not coming here so its a mute point (I base that on nothing then my own personal opinion).
    But that buffoon handed Houston Nutt some solid talent.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Are you kidding? Kendrick Clancy, Hollis Thomas and McCray are all guys who have notorious ',otivation' problems and they're playing lights out. Charles Grant was playing well before his injury and Will Smith is not bad, even if he isn't earning his salary this year. I see Smith in the backfield a lot, but it seems like he's just a step too late. I hear he's fighting hamstring and groin issues that would sideline most players.

The Saints have had some pretty impressive games from the front four this year despite not being able to start the same four players in consecutive weeks all season until this past week I believe.

I don't want him as DC, but I would welcome him with open arms because of the results we would get out of the D-Line and the recruits we would land as a result.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Yeah talent he did nothing with. Maybe if he tore his shirt off a few more times they could have played better.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

checkout this column at nola.com http://blog.nola.com/jeffduncan/2008/12/saints_insider_new_orleans_get.html

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

No, I'm not kidding. The Saints DL has been a joke this year. Grant and Smith have contracts worth over $125 million combined but have a total of 3 sacks on the year. How many DEs in the NFL have over 8 each?

Where is the proof that Coach Yaw Yaw is one of the elite DL coaches? If he were not from Louisiana, who here would really be touting his alleged 'greatness'?

I don't want a drunk woman batterer recruiting criminals to be Tigers simply because they can play football. Sounds like many who were applauding CLM for kicking Derrick Odem, Ryan Perrilloux and others off of the team for disciplinary reasons are ready to retreat to a mentality where the inmates run the penitentiary and LSU's reputation in the crime blotters is acceptable as long as we are winning.

That is not the kind of Tiger program I want to see.

Yes, we had a bad year. We'll bounce back. We always do. This year was not proof that Miles is another DiNardo or Hallman. It's only proof that the players had nothing to play for: they were already BMOCs and there was no "up" to go to.

Now that the team has been humiliated, they will play with a desire to redeem themselves.

Rant over.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Orgeron is a Neanderthal. But he can recruit his azz off, so the kids must love him. Maybe it's the fact that he IS such a knuckle-dragger.

1 person likes this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

moot not mute. damn buffoons.

1 person likes this.