Ed Orgeron

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JayB, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I don't think Orgeron would be a good fit for LSU for a few reasons:

1. Judging by the play of the Saints DL this year, I'm not sure anyone should be impressed with his effectiveness in his area of expertise.
    2. Orgeron has a history of anger management and domestic abuse issues. That is a powder keg that is not worth the risk of tarnishing LSU's reputation. Does anyone want to see LSU viewed in the same light as some recent University of Colorado and University of Washington programs? Even if this is completely in his past, it is not worth the risk.
    3. If he does has a chip on his shoulder wrt LSU, wouldn't you rather an outsider coming in with respect and gratitude that motivates them to produce or a Louisiana insider with an entitlement mentality?

2. prplhze2000

prplhze2000 Founding Member

No just no but hell no.

He abuses players and i mean really abuses them.

He is a horrible coach. Anyone think the Saints D Line has gotten any better?

Want to really lose the team and parents? Hire him.

1 person likes this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I doubt Sean Payton, or adult NFL players, would put up with this. I doubt Pete Carroll would put up with this either. Perhaps, CLM would maybe talk to prior and current employers to gauge whether there were other issues? I am not saying hire Orgeron, but the rumor mill seems in full force here.
    Sounds like Chavis will be a good candidate, and I agree with someone above who said UConn's DC and Utah's.

1 person likes this.
  4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Ok I dont know which Saints games y'all are watching but compared to last year the Saints DL is unbelieveable better!!! And I chauk that up to nothing but Coach O!

Its not his fault that he has to deal with the waste of human flesh that is Will Smith and Charles Grant. Get those 2 guys out and our up front defense is pretty damn good!

1 person likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I agree with you, except for the Will Smith comment. Unless there is something I am unaware of, WS is pretty solid. I do think the D-line for the Saints has been much better this year - is this Orgeron, Ellis, McCray, I don't know. Also, if LKiffen coached with Orgeron at USC and saw some of the "abuse" going on, why would he even entertain bringing in a "problem coach"?

6. wpak

wpak Founding Member

As I'v heard the rumors are Coach O goes to Tenn as a recruiting coordinator not D coord. The big talk id Lane getting his dad from Tampa Bay to go coach D under him till he retires. I know, I know sounds far fetched but never underestimate the power of family ties.

1 person likes this.
  7. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

Yea. Let's hire him.
    We need more drunken, woman beating coaches on our staff. To my knowledge, we have none now and we all know how important diversity is.

8. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

If you guys are looking for a DC have you given any thought to Chavis at Tenn or maybe Charlie Strong at So. Carolina?

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Right now, and i'm no expert... but i'd have to think Chavis would be our strongest candidate... and while UT sucks... he seems to have them ready to play D every week.

10. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Let' see...0-8 in the SEC last year for Ole Miss and 3-9 overall (winless in the SEC for the first time in 2 decades). I think he had three last place finishes in the West. Also, Ole Miss was dead last in rush D last year.

I know we wouldn't be hiring him as a head coach, but looking at the rush D while he was at Ole Miss, I wouldn't be fired up about his D-line coaching skills. You think at least that would have been better at Ole Miss with him there. He did get Snead to transfer there, but never got to coach him.

I say no thanks... We need coaches, not recruiters (I think that is obvious to everyone).