Ed O in first two seasons up to now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by six pack dan, Sep 23, 2018.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

how much discipline did LSU show by allowing 21 unanswered? how many 3 and outs?? how many drops, receiving yds?

2. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

My friend I guess we don't see eye to eye, that's fine.
    We will see who is right soon enough. I still love you and ALL Tiger fans. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Should you challenge yourself to be a better more knowledgeable football fan? Just asking

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

#1 in turnovers in the country. That is the most important stat, and is also a measure of discipline, too. Regarding the other things you mentioned, statistically, we’re similar to Miles ball, and discipline was a strength of his.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

six pack dan likes this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

silly

lots of other people played football too kaka, many of those people even attended LSU, and even more surprising is that some of them have been a fan for many, many years and have supported this program in the good and bad

what's even more surprising than all of that is that some people worry more about blaming and bitching about the degree of fanliness displayed than discussing LSU....somehow I just don't think it's anyone's place to make that determination, especially those who are a bit unhinged as far as ed is concerned

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Isn't what I post even if it's so called "unhinged" as you say still an opinion, MY opinion? Maybe I think the Oeaux bashing here is truly "unhinged" at times why is that not OK? Why are they "hinged" and I am "unhinged"?

Who are you to decide who is "unhinged" and not "unhinged"? Because I disagree with someone why is that viewed here as an attempt to shut them up? Do you see the slippery slope to that way of thinking?

I may know or not know more about football than others here and others may have played the game to so what? My opinion about Ed is based on MY life experience playing, learning about, keeping up with high school recruiting and watching the game. My opinions are not based on someone elses life experiences. My life experiences has formed MY opinion right or wrong. What I take pleasure in is that so far MY opinion about Ed is being proven right, is that what makes so many here dislike me?

Regardless I like this place and all the opposite views and the verbal wars. Hope it doesn't change to a homogenized all think alike high school "click" style forum. If I am banished MY life won't change I am a happy guy but y'all will miss me.

six pack dan likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I support O. Not calling for his head. Disappointed in several things so far. The great E is leading the #100 offense. The great A couldn’t stop LA Tech most of the night. The great O helmed a lackadaisical performance. I did know that LA Tech fields a football team, if our talent level is A-, theirs is probably B-. The difference then is coaching, which we lost last night. Did Oklahoma too? Did VA Tech too? Ok. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

LSUpride123, Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's all about accountability.

Saban doesn't let his team take a play off, much less stretches of a game at a time.

It's a different culture. A culture Coach O could not possibly come close to emulating.

So the mistakes continue throughout the season, killing us in critical games.

GregLSU likes this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Saban didn’t have that buy in from his team’s on day one. (See UAB amount others while he was here) In fact he didn’t have it fully implemented his entire time at LSU. It has also taken a few years to instill it in Gumpland (see ULM and a few others).
    Whether Ogeron gets there or not will take a few years. Don’t judge him by Saban’s final product until there is enough time pasted to justify.

MikeInLa, Brian, ROY_LA_CA and 3 others like this.