Early Doucet and Xavier Carter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Jan 6, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I would be happy with either Matt Mauck or JaMarcus Russell at QB next year. I am really itching to see JaMarcus Russell lead the Tigers, but I wouldn't mind Mauck's experience leading us next year.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU can and does oversign each year. There is always attrition of upperclassmen due to grades or other problems. There is very likely going to be some transfers at positions where we are overloaded, like at quarterback last year. Some signees will not make test scores and will be signed again next year. There is always a committement that backs out and signs elsewhere at the last minute like Lane last year.

If necessary Nick can take back scholarships from walk-ons or encourage a slacking player to find some greener pastures elsewhere.

Nick will sign every 4 and 5-star player left that is interested in LSU and worry about the numbers in August when we have to have 85 total scholarships.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Niswanger has probably the best shot at stepping into a starting role. He is a backup at center but can play all 5 spots from what I have read. So if Wilkerson is gone, then he will probably play center. If Wilkerson stays, which I think he will, then Niswanger will play RT. The RG position is wide open right now and there will be a battle for it in the spring. We have depth coming out of our ass on the O-Line. I hope Wilkerson stays, because the center position is the toughest one to master. And LSU has the best in the nation right now in Wilkerson. Losing 2 O-Lineman is not too bad, especially since one is on the right side of the line ad the other is on the left side of the line (RT/LG).

4. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I believe LSU has a person that does nothing but counsel the coaches of all LSU sports in the NCAA rules. It's this person's responsibility to oversee this area. I believe I'm correct.

I heard that carter is pretty much a lock for either Florida or FSU. But someone also said he didn't have good hands either, and I didn't see that in the All-American game. I was hoping he would come to LSU.

Clayton is NFL bound. I believe I read that his Dad was a little unhappy about how he's been used or somthing to that affect. Could be a rumor.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

carter has everybody listed as med. except us who he has listed as high and it is well known that we were leading.as far as clayton if he goes he is dumb. if fitzgerald leaves he will be the 4th to 5th wr taken behind fitzgerald, roy williams, reggie williams, reshaun woods, and maybe even lee evens and if mike williams comes out him too. if he stays and mike williams and fitzgerald leave he will be the top wr. and it isn't like him or his family are hurting for money.