Do you treat atheist like second class citizens?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bud Lee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

So your friendly neighborhood Baptist bomb your town..Damn.

Martin, I can’t help to notice that you read what you want to, and not what one actually writes. I never said they feel threatened as you are inferring. I said that they feel like they “are constantly being threatened” with an eternity in hell.

In addition, I’m not speaking for them….reread my OP a little more carefully, I feel that you are a little touchy when it comes to this topic and perhaps you misinterpret things.

Or perhaps you are bored and are simply trying to stir up a little good nature internet arguing...whatever.

2. Bud Lee

Well, there is separation of church and state, so tax dollars are not suppose to go towards religious agendas and institutions. In fact I’ve read a few cases that the supreme court said “no sir Mr. State, you cannot do that.” I am curious though…what institutions and agendas are you referring to?

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i was speaking about religious folks in general. you are no different.

fine. you are of course aware that the major theme of christianity is john 3:16, which says that we all need to love jeebus. if you dont love jeebus you rot in hell. and christians, people who believe this, are everywhere, in every political office.

you are asking if they are too touchy. who says they are "touchy"? you? you are speaking for us. let us speak for us.

you are asking if the atheists are " constantly under attack". who said they are? you?

stop making things up and creating things to disprove. again, let us speak for us.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

how do you know your superstition is right and they are the ones that are misguided?

why does your mental telepathy (prayer) work with god, and i cant even do telepathy at all?

this is clearly an FSA topic.

5. Bud Lee

I would say calling someone an idiot because they don't share the same beliefs as you is rude, inappropriate and a sign of a narrow mind.
    I disagree with most of the Democrats beliefs, but I don't think they are idiots. Well, at least not for that fact alone.

This always puzzles me too...when I go to the strip club and get yelled at be the cult in the parking lot that I am going to burn in hell, I just chuckle and ignore them because I know I'm not. Actually, I do not believe there is a hell, there is no mention of hell in the bible by the way. At least that is what my religious studies friends tell me.

But, I digress, why does it bother you that some religious folks believe that you will burn in hell because you do not believe in god? A general belief of most faiths is that if you don’t “know” God you can’t enter the gates of his kingdom. Thus, most interpret that as you are going to hell. They are not saying you are a bad person, just that since you don’t believe you can’t go to one place, you must be going to the other. I fail to see how this is insulting.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

it isnt because they dont share the same beliefs as me. it is because their beliefs are stupid. dont pretend you dont think some beliefs are stupid. it is a lie, this idea that we are all so tolerant of idiotic beliefs. i know you do your share of calling out idiotic beliefs.

same here, i dont feel threatened or get "touchy". thats why i told you not to speak for atheists.

i dunno exactly what you mean by "bother" me. let me tell you when i am bothered. it just means they are idiots. not all idiots are bothersome, but some are. i certainly think the world would be a better place if it were not poisoned by the stupidity of religion and irrationality.

in general i think spreading untruth is a bad idea. if you love it, great.

7. Bud Lee

Right...I formed an opinon based on personal observations and I was asking if they are being to touchy.

Right....I formed an opinon based on personal observations and I was asking if they are.

I fail to see where I said atheist believe this, I said "it seems" and I don't see how I am making stuff up...simply asking questions isn't making stuff up. I don't If anything, asking questions is giving you a chance to speak for yourself.

Now stop being such a silly arguing willy.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i will start a thread that asks if you are being too touchy about the guys who yell at you at the strip club. why so sensitive?

i am not speaking for you, just asking the question.

9. Bud Lee

Once again,…you don’t really read post do you Martin. I said that it does not bother me, so how is that being touchy. At this point, I feel that you have nothing to add, but you are trying to fill your silly little need to have the last post. So, for here on out I will respond to all your post with a color…at least until you post something of merit. Based on your previous work, that may take awhile.

1 person likes this.
  10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i didn't say you were touchy, i am simply asking. asking gives you chance to speak.

you are thick so let me explain what is happening here. you cant just ask a question and pretend like there isnt a supposition that goes with it.

"why are you so gay?" isnt simply a question. get it? there is an implication there. understand, guy?

this thread is not a question, but an accusation by you.

why are you threatened by gays? why do you hate black people? how did you get so nazi? are atheists too touchy? see how those are loaded questions?

"I said that it does not bother me, so how is that being touchy?" - you

see how i put you on the defensive? see why it is a waste of time to do that to each other?