Do you think WW is working behind the scenes?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Can you list where these NBA players went to college? You know, forced to college by the NBA. This is just a small list, btw.
    • Kobe Bryant
    • Kevin Garnett
    • LeBron James
    • Tracy McGrady
    • Jermaine O'Neil
    • Rashard Lewis
    • Tyson Chandler
    • Amare Stoudemire
    • Dwight Howard
    • Andrew Bynum

2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You're just being a smart arse! A little hard work and teaching a young person that their word is their bond is not a bad lesson to learn and could definitely help them later in life.

You know now that I think about it, maybe allowing players to transfer is a good thing and explains why all the LSU players left! Bingo! All the players left because they were embarrassed to be associated with WW in any way and wanted to rid themselves of the stigma of being connected to such a slime bag, so going to a new program would sever that connection and allow them to start over. Yeah, it makes sense!

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nobody promises to stay for 4 years. again, please pay attention, a scholarship is a one year agreement that may or may not be renewed by either party. again, if you would just pay attention you wouldnt be confused.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

those guys didnt go to college, you made another error. please try to do better research.

oh my mistake that was sarcasm. oh thats very funny. thanks for that. no seriously. sarcasm is always funny and a smart way to argue. no really i mean it. so smart. super smart. please never stop being sarcastic.

the rules change over time, friend. the NBA used to allow players from high school. now they require them to wait one calender year from high school graduation. the players you listed so snarkily do not support your very stupid point as they are from when the rules were different. thats why ben simmons went to college and kobe didnt. rules changed. try to think and unerstand the concept of change. like for instance a person might eat breakfast, and then eat it again, which is weird, but not really if its the next day. because there is a thing called time, and it passes and things change. we are not living in one static moment where if kobe went directly to the league that means ben simmons can as well. thats the nature of time. events change. i know this is advanced physics but try to get it.

also, in the future, so i can help you more easily, just stop being sarcastic and tell me what part of what i said you wrongly think is incorrect.

again, its not the NCAA allowing players to go to the NBA, its the NBA. they will either take you from high school or make you wait a year.

so read what i said again and tell me which part was wrong:

"
    the NCAA has no say about that. its the NBA that requires one year wait between high school graduation and drafting. has nothing to do with the NCAA. they can go play in europe or australia or backpack in europe for a year. the NBA makes them wait and its nothing to do with the NCAA.

you dont seem to understand any of this."

try not to be confused by the concept of time, and that rules can change over time.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

correct it is. like joe burrow for example, he transferred and it really helped him. i know you guys want players to sign some agreement where they are not allowed to go pro for some reason, but i dont favor that and i am happy joe burrow went pro without restriction.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nobody said they were forced to college. perhaps you should read more closely. i said:

"they can go play in europe or australia or backpack in europe for a year. the NBA makes them wait and its nothing to do with the NCAA."

didnt say they were forced to go to college did i? please read more closely. seems like reason you are sarcastic is to construct straw men of things i didnt say. i mentioned multiple things they can do that are not college.

if you read more closely i wont have to repeat myself. but i am willing to if i must to help you understand.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Good to see you finally understand why all the players transferred from LSU was to get away from the stigma of being associated with WW. At this point, even his wife, pets and siblings are trying to distance themselves from the dirt bag! JMG, I think you might want to do the same because it would really give you a lot more credibility (once you also cover up your WW tramp stamp)!

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is the opposite of true, they left because of the lack of will wade at LSU.

mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  9. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I have a patient who is an assistant basketball coach here in town with USC Upstate. They have a couple kids hitting the portal pavement for greener pastures. He made mention to me that what these kids are not doing is the math: there are far too many kids in the basketball portal than there are total available spots on teams they may feel are greener pastures. Lots of these kids who think they are going to transfer from their school to a power five (for instance Pinson going from Mizzou to LSU), will actually end up not finding another big school to transfer to and "get stuck" at a place that is likely not a better place than they left (let's say Gains going from LSU to UAB, for example). He also made mention that when a High School kid gets a good power 5 (or any other good basketball school) Basketball offer, he better jump on it, because the coaches are constantly checking the portal for available college experienced kids vs some high school kids. Times are changing with recruiting, consistency within programs from year to year, etc.....Can't do anything but accept it and move on i guess.

CagedTiger, mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

brandon murray will play for patrick ewing who needs all the help he can get and it currently on a 19 game losing streak. seems like a bit of a step down in terms of instruction from will wade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.