Democrats Vying for Presidential Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we dont disagree, i dont like democrats either, so there is no real argument to have. i am only claiming that i find yang likable, and that i think he would be trouble in the general election.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You might be right concerning the general election but I can’t see him getting close to the nomination as out of the D leading edge as he is. As you say he’s a different kind of donkey.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

sure, its probably biden and either warren or bernie.

biden might win, otherwise i thik trump will win. and of course the outside shot for yang i so controversially mentioned earlier

Winston1 likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

This my first interaction with you so good to hear you are not a crazy leftist, wasnt sure my first read on you. My point is Yang may very well be a nice guy but if he is why is he in the Democratic party? This is not the democrats from the 50's and early sixties I remember they are bat shit crazy now. I think even Sigmund Freud would label them...... freaking kooky!

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I disagree about my rants. To make a good gumbo you got to stir the roux sha!

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Yours burnt a long, long time ago.

el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You realize that by saying this you've proven you're a racist? :D

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yep called it blackened gumbo, Paul Prudomme got nothing on me baw.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Unlike you, he can spell his name correctly.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

because thats the only place he can get press and notoriety. there wont be a republican primary, and he doesnt have the money to be michael bloomberg or ross perot and be independent. the dems give him a stage.

i think you will agree with me about this: the democrats pander to folks, unsophisticated folks with policies they know to be destructive, but politically popular.

"the demagogue is a man who preaches doctrines he knows to be false, to people he knows to be idiots" - paraphrasing Mencken

thats why i used the example of minimum wage laws. we know they are destructive. basically every useful economist knows that price controls (minimum wage is a labor price control) are always destructive. but regular joes dont understand that. they just hear "more money for poor people". so dems use the lack of sophsiticationof the normal person against him, and wont say that min wage hurts the people its is claiming to protect.

but yang is for UBI, not min wage. i think this is him being sincere about solutions, not just being electable. i like this chinaman

LSUpride123 and Winston1 like this.