Debt Ceiling Deadline - August 2nd

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Jul 11, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I got his point. The pothead is a dumbass.

2. joker

joker Founding Member

Who gave them the bailout money? Every politician that gave it to them was voted into office with one vote by each person. Why didn't they stipulate in the bill that the money had to go to small business? Democrats overwhelmingly voted for it. You think they didn't know what the banks were going to do with it?

The world has known tobacco is bad for you for at least 50 years if not more. Are you telling me people that smoke are under the impression that smoking was healthy? Are tobacco products unable to be chemically analyzed by anyone other than tobacco companies?

Living with modern conveniences has it's price. Most people care about the environment but there will be some messes with industrial business. If a company willfully pollutes the environment they should and can be held accountable via the courts.

The problem is hypocrite environmental extremists that use modern conveniences like computers and cars and think there aren't costs involved.

Again, if harm has been shown they will be held accountable by the market and the courts.

Does Wal Mart drag people into their store and force them to buy products at gun point? Wal Mart's efficient business operations enable millions of people to buy things they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. If Wal Mart's business operations are so bad, people will stop shopping from them and they will either change their practices or go out of business.

I like Wal Mart because it keeps most of the white and ghetto trash in one place and out of the places I like to shop.

The market regulates them. Enron wasn't bad because it was a corporation, it was bad because they were committing fraud which is is illegal.

Some regulation and laws provide structure in which markets can function. The regulation liberals want is to force people and businesses to live their lives the way liberals think they should live like this new bull**** lightbulb law.

Just wait until mercury levels in water tables start to drastically increase because of these ****ing things. If you think people are going to dispose of these things correctly, you're kidding yourself.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oh you just don't know how bad that hurts coming from you. I'm just crushed that an old fool thinks I'm a dumbass.... woe is me.... what to do....

5. joker

joker Founding Member

Congratulations on discovering what the Tea Party knew all along which is why they were opposed.

This doesn't cut jack shhit. Up next to be exposed? Baseline budgeting. That's the tools big government lovers like to use to bullshhit people into believing they are fiscally responsible.

The Deception of Baseline Budgeting « Intellectual Conservative Politics and Philosophy

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree. Boehner should have held the line and defeated the deal. Nothing has been done except to keep the AAA rating for another year or so. The economy is going to hell in a handbasket and Obama is doing nothing to stop the bleeding. He is SO out of there next year.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Where have you been holmes? No one liked the boehner plan from the start (GOP/Tea party included). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that any of these proposed plans were all derived using a baseline budget that increases by 8% each year. This is all part of that "compromise" the left just had to have (and obamacare).

The "rest" of the story has yet to play out though, the libs got their increase in the debt ceiling, now the cuts will have to be hashed out. It should be fun to watch.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

+1 but that idiot won't understand it. Bout as sharp as a turd cut with a club he is.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

We need more Democrats! TAX, TAX, TAX!!! :D

Punish those who contribute! :D

Speaking of wonderful liberals...here's one I always enjoy.

FATHER/DAUGHTER TALK

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt hat her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn’t even have time for a boyfriend, and didn’t really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, “How is your friend Audrey doing?” She replied, “Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She s so popular on campus, college for her is a blast. She’s always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn’t even show up for classes because she’s too hung over.”

Her father asked his daughter, “Why don’t you go to the Dean’s office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father’s suggestion, angrily fired back, “That wouldn’t be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I’ve invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the Republican Party.”