Coonass Garlic Bread

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Aug 11, 2011.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Back in college when things were tight a friend showed me this for one of our community bar-b-ques. I love the shyt and eat 3 slices before bringing it in.

Just take regular bread and put Jack Miller's or Pig Stand sauce. Toss it on the pit for a minute or so to toast it. I turned on of them over so you could see the side that was on the pit.

red, this is right up your alley. Nice and simple but DE licious.

Gotta try it, you can't imagine how good it is.

[​IMG]

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i grill bread all the time, but it never occurred to me to put anything other than butter/garlic butter, or olive oil on it. i'll have to try with sauces next time. :thumb:

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well dang, I never thought about grilling it with butter and olive oil. I'll have to try that too cause I love toast.

Do they sell Jack Miller's around there?

4. OkieTigerTK

dont know. i never thought to look. i'll look and if not, just add it to the grocery list for my next louisiana run.

5. OkieTigerTK

oh, and if you like flat breads, brush both sides with some olive oil and grill the flat bread just a bit.

it barely makes it into the house around here when i grill it.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, I ate BBQ sauce sandwiches when I was an undergrad living on $350/month. Too cheap to grill them, though.

7. OkieTigerTK

$350? i guess cost of living was a bit more cause i lived as an undergrad on $500 a month. but i lived on a lot of cheap store brand canned soup. when it went on sale, i stocked up. i dont think i ate canned soup for a good 5 years after graduation.

now that you are rich, you are gonna have to live large and grill those bbq sauce sandwiches! :D

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

After I got divorced in the mid-90's, I ate on $20 a week. Thank goodness, Diet Coke was only $2.50 for a 12-pack then, and that I lived in Baton Rouge still and could eat meals @ my mom's house on the weekends (and bring home leftovers...)

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I know exactly how you feel. I ate a lot of Ann Page soup, bean burritos, and 19-cent generic macaroni and cheese. But no ketchup sandwiches. Not when I had the more sophisticated Heintz 57 Steak Sauce sandwich.

10. OkieTigerTK

well, werent you mr fancy pants! :D