Compare Brennan To Burrow What is Expectation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Apr 30, 2020.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Trying to minimize Joe Brady's phenomenal 2019 Offense & build up what the media has dubbed a "Backwards" Offense by Ensminger in 2018.

You aren't "Going back", that's true. Last year's playbook is in Carolina & also Waco Tx, with Munoz (and Aranda on Defense). Ensminger can try to maintain with the leftover pieces of the past.

But we have a very favorable schedule this year, with 3 SEC West schools opting out of playing competetive football.

unclenick, TheWant and tj lsudad like this.
  2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

They are called student assistant "Gofers". They aren't assigned just one individual coach, they do stuff for any coach who needs something. Keep water bottles filled, get new jerseys when they are ripped up, generally just stand there & wait. This has been written about at lenghth before, many times. It's a shit job, basically. They aren't allowed to attend a any sort of coaching meetings, including just going to lunch. They have Zero chance of "Listening in on the game headset". That's laughable.

Forget Brady's salary, just a bad decision by LSU.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Screw it, have it your way. I made it all up.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Perhaps you were simply misinformed.

unclenick likes this.
  5. mctiger

No, I don't think the kid lied to me on TV in front of his dad, who is as straight arrow as they come. I'd post the interview here, but the tools only allow you to pull video off the internet, can't load it straight from my computer. You still wouldn't believe it anyway. But, the transcript would basically say, Me: "There's been a lot of speculation all season about who's in charge of the offense. You've been there the whole time....how much of what we're seeing is Ensminger, and how much is Brady?" Cade:"They really work well together....Coach E is the offensive coordinator, its his offense, he's calling the plays....." Then he continued on about how Brady installed the passing game and would have input, but he was clear that Ensminger called the plays.

watson1880 and Bengal B like this.
  6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Ask Mr. "The Kid" why the mighty Ensminger didn't win the Broyles Award as the Nation's Best Assistant Coach. He's been here for over 10 seasons, what's the holdup? Ensminger admitted publicly, that he didn't know how to install a RPO/Spread Offense. How the hell was the 2019 Offense his Offense, as the kid, Cade, said in your post? How is Ensminger calling plays in an Offense he didn't know how to install & doesn't understand?

“It was a low point,” Orgeron said of the 29-0 home loss in 2018. “I told offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger, ‘Listen, we’ve got to go to the spread. And he said, ‘You’re right.’ I said, ‘Are you going to be receptive to someone coming in teaching us the spread?’ He said, ‘Yes, I will." - New York Times

A head coach asking an assistant coach if he's "Receptive" to bringing in some real coaching talent. WOW!

Teachin' dem Rosy Finch Boyz da Spread
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Not minimizing anything. You’re just missing the logical implications of creating and installing a playbook. The playbook isn’t copyrighted by Brady; it’s still in Baton Rouge too, and it will be used this year. It doesn’t disappear just because the creator left. If Brady had been doing most of the play calling, we could have a problem. But luckily, that’s not the case no matter how much anyone wants to speculate.

LSU_4_LIFE and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He isn't speculating. He is spinning the narrative to promote the same agenda he is obsessed with

CaryLab likes this.
  9. mctiger

@TigerTap I interpreted "its his (Ensminger's) offense" to mean, he's in charge. No one questions that Brady brought the Saints playbook to BR with him - maybe Sean Payton should have been gotten the Broyles Award. All I'm saying is, not a single person in the know or with any kind of first hand knowledge has said Brady called the plays. Hell, it was discussed during game coverage almost every week, and the conclusion was always the same; Brady brought Payton's playbook and installed it, he was no doubt highly instrumental in the improvement of both Burrow and the receivers, he and Ensminger collaborated, but ultimately, the final decision on the play to be run was Ensminger's.

CaryLab and Bengal B like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think having a 3k + passer will be the norm now more than ever for us.

Oeaux moving us in the right direction.

CaryLab likes this.