Commercials you like

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bayou Tiger, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Funny. About the time that commercial was being run I went to a small diner in Grande Isle for lunch. I ordered 2 hamburgers. The place was packed and it took forever to make my order. When the waitress finally brought it neither bun had a patty in it. I yelled "Where's the beef?" The waitress looked embarrassed when I showed her and it wasn't even a minute before she brought them back with the beef. Everybody in the place cracked up.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Burgers on Grand Isle you live on the edge amigo. Stick with a fish dish.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The choice of restaurants on Sunday morning or any other time of the day or week on Grande Isle are severely limited. This was Sarah's Diner, Not Commander's Palace. Burgers are pretty standard fare in diners throughout the USA. The burgers at Sarah's were actually pretty good when they put the beef in them.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Burgers without beef is just a bad dinner roll.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Hate to get political but I notice all the prisoners are white. Just a trend I have noticed in commercials for a while getting progressively worse. Check out any home security alarm commercial and all the robbers are male and white. No women, no Asians, no Latino's and no blacks.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That's true now that you mention it. The casting director may be discriminating against the minority actors...just kidding. Advertising directors leave nothing up to chance. They do very heavy market research first. Advertising is powerful propaganda.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

True dat but they are still constrained by political correctness. In the Alka Seltzer example if they had taken it back in time to when those white convicts were on trial would all of their lawyers have been black or latino women? Maybe not. That would suggest that minority attorneys are not good enough to keep their clients out of prison. Oh what a dilemma.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Here is a white male customer service person. We all know the real ones are Pakistani or Filipino