CHOMP

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by martin, Dec 28, 2005.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have sad news. i read in the news that late 2005 was the last time mcdonalds will ever serve the mcrib sandwich. i really enjoyed a mcrib once or twice a year whenever they brought it out.

other notes:

1. my other favorite thing that they occasionally have at fast food places is the monterey ranch checken sandwich at wendys. thats comes around maybe twice a year.

2. i like the 7 layer burrito at taco bell. it was as temporary thing, but i called 1800 taco-bell and asked that it be made a permanant addition to the menu. it was.

3. when i was in high school geography a friend of mine and i would often take tests and we didnt know the answers, so we would put funny answers when we didnt know the real answer. once the test asked us to define the word "maghreb" (which is a region in africa). he put "a little-known syrian version of the mcrib". i thought that was incredibly funny.

4. they have different items at mcdonalds around the country. sometimes they have pizza. one time i had a "michael jordan burger" at mcdonalds. my local mcdonalds has soup. in israel they have mcshawerma. i have noticed the fajita seems to come and go, but mostly now they always have it.

anyways, no more mcrib. dang.

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Man you were nuts back in the day. Did you ever play a joke on the librarian?

"Watch out for this guy"!!!!!!!!

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

its not about me man.

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Had the McRib once in Atlanta and wanted to puke

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Never will eat at another McD's.
    If it were up to my family and I McD's would've gone out of business a long
    long time ago!

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I am not a big McDonalds fan. If I do eat there it is because my kid is with me and wants to go to the play area.

I worked at a McDonalds in high school for about 6 months....got to know how they make food, store food, etc. I will say that I much prefer a made to order place like Wendys or Whataburger then a place that makes it then saves it in a heated drawer like McDonalds.

oh, and the McRib sucked.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I usually only go to Macs to eat a biscuit for breakfast. Its hard to screw up a biscuit and sausage. Mac's around the country offer biscuits and sausage gravy, but not the Macdonalds in BR. It pisses me off.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

most people i know who dont like mcdonalds at all still agree that the breakfast is good.

what i would really like is if they kept hash browns all day and you could get them instead of fries with value meals.

the best thing currently available for mcdonalds breakfast is the bage sandwiches and the breakfast burrito. burritos in general are a superior food and should be eaten at every opportunity.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Another reason to prefer Sonic. Their TaterTots are just bite-sized hash browns and they are available all day.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I've never had a McRib & will not miss it. It didn't look delicious at all to me.

A McD's sausage biscuit with a hash brown & OJ is the best drive-through breakfast you can get. Burger King's little cinnamon rolls were pretty good, but you never know what you are going to get with cinnamon rolls from anywhere - will they be hard/crunchy & kinda cooled, or will the be perfectly warm & mushy... Too much of a gamble to order 'em.

I have never eaten a burrito. I might have to try one.