CBS Legal Exec: No Sympathy For Vegas ‘Because Country Music Fans Often Are Republican’

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Gun deaths per year per 100,000 citizens: France 2.83, USA 10.54

Enough said.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

It's the normal now. This is the bloody country that Republicans have created.

I can also say this: Republicans are only ever outraged by gun deaths when Muslims or non-white people commit the murders.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

True guns wont be banned.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

It isn't even about the weapon.

I am hearing that people just need to take more precaution when going to events now. Responsibility is now in the hands of the dead person to prevent themselves from being shot to death.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

That's like saying if you have more baseball bats in a country there will be more deaths by bats. Wow.

How much of that is criminals shooting criminals?
    Good guys shooting criminals?
    How many more murders would there be by other means, like knives & bats, or cars, if there were less guns protecting people?

There are a myriad of other questions to answer to truly determine a net value on guns in our society. I know the media and Jimmy Kimmel like to throw up meaningless statistics when trying to sensationalize issues and drive up their ratings.

I wonder if Jimmy Kimmel cried more when Simba got shot or after the Las Vegas shooting?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Winston1 and KyleK like this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You need help.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

To a liberal, it makes more sense to confiscate 400 Million guns than it does to deport 11 million illegals. In their eyes, its totally doable...

8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I am a big believer in the 2nd Amendment, and the right to defend yourself and your property with a firearm. Also hunting.

I also believe that the greater issue of gun violence in our inner cities (mostly) cannot be curbed by 'gun control.'

What I can't understand is the defense of automatic and semi-automatic weapons. Columbine, Sandy Hook, Orlando, Aurora, Vegas.....these are all instances where a person was able to do unbelievable damage by spraying bullets.

Somebody help me - why should these weapons be available to civilians? I'm here to listen.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Because AR-15's arent the problem.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

A semiautomatic 223 is a semiautomatic 223 it doesn't matter what the outside looks like. I'm not sure it would matter but a regulation of cyclic rate would be more effective than a ban one style of weapon based upon what it looks like.