News Cancel UGA-Alabama Game, Urges Oil Executive

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by netmeetme, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Well, there's been a shortage of soap in Alabama for years but you don't see Governor Bob Riley declaring a state of emergency.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I had no idea there was a gas crisis in Atlanta. I'm a little embarassed about that.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

maybe they should just cancel work instead :dis:

4. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If they want to get serious with fuel conservation, cancel the academy awards, emmys, excessive travel for elected officials, Al Gore's private jet, and don't allow non-productive citizens to drive.

What's the use in living if we can't have SEC football? Cancel the Pac-1/2 conference games instead. :hihi:

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

What he just said is the most insanely idiot thing I have ever heard. At no point in his idiotic incoherent response could ANYTHING be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award him no points and may god have mercy on his soul...

6. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

To Mr. Pitfield, my questions is: Overreact much? :lol:

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Strange but true...

There will be fans that think they can go up to any gas station in Athens and just fill up.

In reality, many stations have been closed in and around the Athens area for the better part of this week. Many have only one grade of fuel. This is especially true along I-85 all the way from Atlanta to the South Carolina border.

The governor has made an allowance for dirtier burning fuels to be brought in, but it has been slow in making even a dent in the supply.

"Bama fans stuck in Athens... How ugly could that get?":hihi::lol::eek:

9. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Everyone in AL can just fill up their Hummer Limos or their jets and fly in.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

from my unscientific poll, more than half of the stations in town have no gas.

price hasnt gone up--still under $4.

canceling the game sounds extreme, but im gonna be really pissed if i cant get to work next week. (and the city will lose tons of $$$)

i say they should play the game, but not let any fans in the stadium. sorta like the SEC tourney basketball game.

or maybe just shut down the gas stations for the weekend. make the tourists get their gas outta town.

im sure itll be alright. im putting faith in the fans to fillup before they hit the athens area