Blanco?????

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Ellis Hugh, Oct 28, 2003.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

The same can be said about Jindal. There is nothing to say positive about the boy.

If you like the last 8 do nothing years of Mike Foster, you will love Jindal.

2. RyanD

RyanD Freshman

Well, I'm 24 and my father whom is 59 tells me that with Foster its the first time he's seen new roads being built in the State during his lifetime. I wouldn't call that doing nothing. Infrastructure is a big part of bringing business to Louisiana.

We've already had Edwards set our state back 20 years. Don't you guys think there is something to the fact that Louisiana is one of the poorest of all the other Southern States and is also probably the only State left in the South who hasn't figured out to elect Republicans instead of Democrats? I do.

Blanco scares me! Anybody who thinks tourism is the biggest industry in the State scares me! She comes across to me as just another incompetent bureaucrat and I can't figure out why anybody would elect her.

3. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

I'm not voting period, but I'll give some praise to Ms. Blanco.

1) She will march to DC and tell those jokers that she'll make the decision as Governor of Louisiana as to the abortion issue and protect the right of a woman to choose an abortion in the cases of "rape", "incest" and the clearly defined "life of the mother".
    2) She'll work hand in glove with Mitch Landrieu to promote Louisiana as more than a place to locate business, but also as to tourism.
    3) She'll send a clear message to the men in DC and elsewhere that we won't stand for any more Anita Hill situations and we will not let supervisors take advantage sexually of underlings since young women are particularly vulnerable to powerful older men.
    4) She'll promote the UL-Louisiana as a co-power in Louisiana. If Alabama has UA and AU, and Georgia has UGA and GaTech, and Florida has FSU and UF, then Louisiana should have equal powers LSU and ULL.
    5) As Lt. Governor, her office supervised the vital AmericaCorps program in Louisiana which has been wildly successful nationwide and locally.
    6) She'll bring in more jobs to Louisiana with her plan that is quite original and lacks details only because it would have been stolen by her opponents had she released some of the more secretive and patented portions of the plan.
    7) She'll remove TNT and TuWho? from the state permanently.
    8) She'll work with those in the AFL-CIO and other unions to ensure that Louisiana continues its reputation as building state funded projects in an efficient and cost-effective manner that is the envy of every other governmental entity.
    9) She'll march to DC and tell them she'll decided whether prayer should be allowed in schools and henceforth determine that there will be none allowed in Louisiana schools!
    10) She'll fight for the public schools in Louisiana to the delight of Orleans Parish and other white liberals( who by coincidence and twist of fate, attended private schools themselves), but are still big advocate of the public schools for everyone but themselves and their families.
    There you go, it wasn't that difficult. I'm disappointed more vigilant advocates of Ms. Blanco failed to make this list.

4. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

#7 sounds great :)

Seriously, I like her because she did an excellent job promoting the state over the last 8 years--something that was sorely lacking under the "leadership" of Scarecrow Foster.

The two things I'm most concerned about with the new governor are ethics and leadership. Jindal & Blanco are both honest, but Blanco has proven she can promote Louisiana to the nation and the world.

5. JD

JD Founding Member

TE, for all of your (and Jindal's) blather, you have YET to put forth ANY SINGLE idea of Jindal's.

I ask again - "Where's the beef"? Where are these great ideas. His website is full of polemics and platitudes, no specifics. You spend your time pounding on Blanco. (Low and behold, that's all HE spends his time doing).

How will he get rid of the deficit?

How will he attract new businesses, without further polluting the river?

Coastal erosion? Surely an ideas man would have more to say than simply he will put forth a new plan (precisely what his website says)
    Let's hear it

This guy is a complete fraud.

I would be the first to vote for someone with new, bold ideas. He's just a right wing idealogue, dressed up in a buddy roemer bunny suit.

6. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

Ethics? (code word)

I disregard "ethics", because I find that term to closely tied with "morals" and I find "morals" to closely tied to the 50's version of the family which thank goodness we are getting away from as we rethink and deconstruct our "ideals" on ethics/morals, etc.
    But, no doubt Ms. Blanco has put Louisiana on the map as far as tourism goes. For too long, Louisiana has been seen as a place to move a business to, move to for a job or move to in retirement (permanency in other words). As Lt. Governor, Ms. Blanco has broadened that mind-set and made Louisiana into a place people come to visit as well. That was quite a task given Louisiana's reputation. In addition to all of the other duties of the Lieutenant Governor, that she was able to concentrate at least some of her efforts on tourism and single-handedly (with opposition from the city of New Orleans) turn Louisiana into a tourism destination is quite the accomplishment.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

JD...Are you going to deny that he tracked down 78 million for Louisiana's DHH?

Just say yes or no....Can you give him credit for that? His predecessor tracked down $50,000. He tracked down 78 million.

Why quote a post of mine when you don't respond to it in any way, shape or form?

JD, I am giving you a LONG rope here, but you have to admit, saying things like he's not going to pass a oil processing tax, will not pass any new taxes on big business, invite more tax credits for big business in regards to their taxes on equipment and capital improvements are MORE than just polemics and platitude.

I am tiring of you acting ignorant of the fact that this man is much more than just polemics and platitudes. I'm also tiring of you claiming that, and then hiding behind a Democratic candidate that's running on a platform-according to YOU!-that will "do no harm"...

That's a copout, and that's a sorry excuse for voting for someone from someone I consider an intelligent individual.

You've also failed to clarify your stance on abortion, just distort what the Repubilcans position was. I on the other hand clarified my position VERY early on.

Care to clarify, or actually deal with the post that you quoted, or just go on blathering?

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Well, what disturbs me about your tone JD, is, basically, you won't vote for Jindal because he is a very conservative Roman Catholic with deeply held religious beliefs, despite the fact that Jindal has never indicated he would attempt to make any of those positions official public policy, and even said outright that he wouldn't concerning abortion.

So basically, what I'm hearing, is that you don't think any person of deep religious conviction, especially Roman Catholic or evangelical Christian, can ever be trusted to hold public office, because they, in your opinion, will always try to make their religious beliefs public policy?

Am I misinterpreting?