Biden builds the Wall

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mancha, Oct 5, 2023.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

What the holy god damn fuck is going on.

We are entering into bizarro world. For 7 years it was the worst thing we could do. Now it is the best thing we can do. I try not to get sucked into these things and get emotional, but I hate politics and I hate every democrat that is going to be silent or support this effort after denying funding and making this a racism issue.

This happens after the Biden administration sued Gov Gregg Abbott this summer for installing border buoys to try to slow down illegal border crossings.

I guess if it affects NYC and voting democrats it is important. If it affects red border states, not important and racist.

Biden's border U-turn: White House begins construction on a WALL in Texas to deal with a surge in migrants in shock reversal
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12596065/Biden-Mayorkas-border-wall-Starr-County-Texas.html

'There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas,' DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas stated in the notice.

The U.S. and Mexico share a common interest in making our countries and our region safer and more secure, and through our close cooperation we are continuing to take concrete steps toward this goal. (1/5)
    -Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas

Texas can keep buoys in the Rio Grande while legal challenge continues, federal appeals court rules
    https://www.texastribune.org/2023/09/06/texas-border-floating-barrier-buoys-federal-judge-ruling/

Attached Files:

Jmg likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

President Joe Biden announced in a proclamation on the day he took office in January 2021 that no more taxpayer funds would be allocated to build a border wall.

declaring that any security at the border is racist is one of the dumber proclamations made by the left in the last few years.

again I repeat my axiom: the democrat party is one-issue party, and that issue is calling you racist.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

lol sources say @Rex is angry and withdrawn…

insiders say he is ranting and throwing catsup bottles against the walls….

that are closing in….

sources who spoke confidentially also reported a rancid smell coming from the shuttered Rex residence…

he is seething (along with other adjectives)

lol, ha ha….

fanatic likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Its a trick. They are not going to build anything and if they do it won't be a wall. It may be a post or a small piece of a wall however the funding will be very real. This is all so that the GOP can call it out for what it is and not pay for it so they can say "SEE, the Repbublicans voted against a wall"

Its total bullshit, don't fall for it.

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I don't know. It puts democrats in a corner. They either have to support it with a weak ass defense and be hypocrites, or distance themselves from the position. They are hurting from the blowback that cities are giving them with all of the immigrants they have to shelter.

Their ideology had a head on collision with reality. I can't wait to hear their deflections. It would be good for our resident democrats to comment on this but redirect, Trumps fraud trial, you know.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

when Texas and Florida started sending migrants to big cities, that was a genius move.

they have painted themselves into a corner. they said everyone that opposes open borders is a racist, and now they are trying to stem the tide.

the whole idea of a sanctuary city is obscene and the feds should crack down on them. I dunno how they have been allowed to ignore cooperation with the feds all this time.

new York should stop worrying about the border and simply deport people instead of putting them up in neighborhoods I could never afford to live in

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

In a different world. The demonRats are never in a corner, not with the amoebas we have in the GOP. Im telling you, mark it down, this is a scam. There is no wall, this is obfuscation to get the Rs to say no we aren't voting for that because it's stupid. They will then flip it say the GOP is against border security.

Happens every damn time. The left playing chess and the right playing switch which thumb they have in their butt.

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Interesting that no one (singular person who hates racist policies) wants to defend or attack this move.
    I am sure that the same no ones will continue to focus on Trumps and his trial and still not give an opinion on real US policy. Policy that affects people trying to cross the border.

How could Biden do such a thing?

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

There's a big difference between trump's THE WALL and a few miles of border barriers meant to dissuade the murderous Greg Abbott from constructing his own lethal razor wire buoy killers.

Aside from that, these were funds already appropriated by Congress for that specific purpose in 2019. Biden tried to get Congress to reassign the appropriation to something more effective, but they refused. So, it's a requirement that Biden inherited. Furthermore, barrier sections are nothing new... they've been in California and Texas for decades.

I can't say I agree with suspending environmental regulations to get this done, and when push comes to shove I believe that Biden could have found a way to avoid this particular bit of construction, but, again, this is a far cry from THE WALL all along the border with Mexico.

So, here's a deeper question: if what Biden is doing is equivalent to what trump wanted done, does that mean Biden gets your vote? Or is Biden not white supremacist enough for you?

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

The Biden administration was not required to waive several environmental laws to expedite the building of the border wall. The President needs to take responsibility for this decision and reverse course. -AOC