Back from the bball game!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RedElephants, Jan 9, 2007.

1. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Well, I just spent my first Bama game without my uncle. It's not the same and before it, I spent 3 hours weaping at pictures and his body in a casket...He's in a better place now and I know that. I'll miss you Barry!

On a brighter note, Bama won. It was sloppy by both teams and a horrible zebra crew (both ways, very inconsistant). Gee really showed out in the 1st half but you guys made adjustments on him and held him in check the 2nd half. Baby is just too good---but i'd really hate to know where you guys would be without him. He carries your team sometimes and others just seem to have that "Glen will get us outta this one" mentality. Brady needs to address that and someone else needs to step up.

As far as halftime...Saban was introduced. The place went nuts (as expected) but he did say some good things about LSU and wanted to thank LSU for all the memories. He was classy in that respect.

Should be an interesting game in BR. I'm trying to scoop up some tickets and get off work. Good luck until then tigers and we'll be there ready to go on Jan 31st!

RTR

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

No sh!t

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Glad you mustered the strength to go to the game, I'm sure that's what he would have wanted. Stay strong and you're in our prayers. :thumb:

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Yea, we couldn't shoot the ball.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Glad you enjoyed the game and all is well.

As for Saban.. It would suit me JUST fine if Saban never mentioned LSU again except when he says...

"Man that wasnt professional how LSU kept running up the score on us. I mean Heck were down 42 points no need for LSU to keep throwing down field, and whats with the fake punt with 30 seconds to go, I mean come on it was the first chance we had to have our punt return on the field all game, thats three years in a row LSU has run up the score. Enough already. and honestly whats with all the on-side kicks, every TD they scored, here comes on on-side kick. Very unprofessional."

6. LSUTiga

:rofl:

Or man that LSU! team is better than the 4 loss one I left on.
    :grin:

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I made a few modifications... ;-)

8. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

anybody else get incredibly POed by the dunk with 1 second left?

im rarely one to lose my temper but if i had been tasmin and i had been closer i would have gone up hard against that guy and atleast tried to block it. that was BS, hopefully it inspires us next game.

as for the game itself, i have never seen as many shots go in and out, theres only so much you can do about that. our rebounding was good luckily and that kept us close. we took way too many threes for how bad we were shooting em. its ok, the season is young.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I was about to get angry about the dunk but then he decided to do a gentle dunk instead of slamming it down. However, he was thinking about it and I bet his eyes got big with nobody around the rim.

10. LSUTiga

I bet you are a very forgiving man. :hihi: :thumb: