Around the Top 25

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Aug 12, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

If I have some of these numbers wrong, let me know. But the fact that Nebraska has this potato chip schedule, and basically a first class ticket to the NC Game just grinds my gears. The other day I was listening to a guy who was pissed off at Andre Ware who said that Texas is the 3rd best team in the State and the guy was yelling "They show Texas NO Respect" and "It makes me sick"

LMAO, They ranked you 4th!!!! Why should anybody show you any respect, you open against RICE! You wanna know what makes me sick, read below

Ohio State – Play 2 Top 25 Teams
    Alabama – Play 5 Top 25 Teams
    Oklahoma – Play 2 Top 25 Teams
    Virginia Tech – Play 4 Top 25 Teams
    Nebraska – Play only ONE Top 25 Team AND its at Home
    LSU – Play 6 Top 25 Teams – Open against the projected #1 defense in the nation, Play the #1 & #3 Teams off their bye weeks, and finish at Arkansas
    Texas – Play 2 Top 25 Teams
    Florida – Play 3 Top 25 Teams
    Boise St – Play 2 Top 25 Teams
    Pitt – Play 3 Top 25 Teams

Also Interesting

Miami – Play 6 Top 25 Teams – Have Ohio State & Pitt back to back – then Georgia Tech & Virginia Tech back to back
    Arkansas - Play 4 Top 25 Teams – Play in a row, Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss, and then Finish against LSU – That’s TOUGH!!
    Miss St. - Play 6 Top 25 Teams: Auburn, LSU, Georgia all in a row, then at Houston, at Florida, and finish up w/ Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss – TOUGH!!

I didn’t spend any time on the PAC-10

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

all i could think of was peter griffin when you said grind my gears lol. but you have a point. it really doesn't matter though at this point because a bunch of those teams in the top 25 aren't going to be there a few weeks into the season anyway.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

Agreed, and Family is the Sh!t

But Nebraska???? All I am saying, is if the Big 12 cant find thier marbles, then an11 win season in that conference should not be an invitation the BCS Championship game over 9 win season in the SEC.

Im just sayin....

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I think your post has great value as a snapshot before week 1. Rankings will self-adjust and until the BCS rankings come out, there will be a lot of media darlings be artificially propped up.

Happens every year.

All we have to do is kick some ass. The rest will take care of itself.

(I would love to see LSU schedule Texas Tech so we can fart in Tubberville's general direction.)

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Last time I looked the cornshuckers were teaming with Mr. Spock to bring back that show he used to do on A&E.

In Search Of......"The Nebraska Offense"

Them cats will be lucky if they can get within FG range against a mediocre team. First downs will be moral victories. Nothing to worry about here folks.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I think tOSU plays 4 of the top 14 teams, not 2 of the top 25.

Of course, little matters until the end of the season when you see how many you played are still ranked.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

Yep, u are right.

And it doesnt matter what the top 25 is now, but I still think 10 win seasons in the Big 12 or Pac 10 should not override a 9 win season in the SEC or Big 10. Come on, granted IA ST knocked Nebraska off last year, having the opportunity to play Baylor, K-St, IA ST., CU, Might as well be BYE WEEKS, mop up duty games giving your 2nd team more pt, where in the SEC, week in and week out its a championship calliber game.

8. Brett425

Brett425 TigerObsession

I agree 100 percent!:geaux: