Add X Carter to list of players considering transferring if Nick bolts

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by philter, Dec 24, 2004.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

This isn't really a recruiting topic but it is news I guess. I am sure if Saban leaves that several players will look at possibly transfering, especially if there are several staff changes as well.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Which makes little sense because they would be under a new (different) coach either way. Still, I'd consider the source before jumping to any conclusions.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

I'd rather post it in here because the other forum is flooded with Nick and Nick only...this is at least partially recruiting because if Nick leaves the new coach will have to recruit current players to stay.

@Sabanfan: Forgive me, but is XC wishy washy? The source was XC himself, papers don't quote people unless they've said exactly that...even marginal ones.

5. SabanFan

WHAT???!!! Like Dooley wanting to know about Dolphin personnel and LSU offering Nick $4MM?? :eek: :confused:

6. philter

philter Founding Member

Those weren't quotes.

7. SabanFan

So there's a difference between saying they did something and saying they said something?

8. philter

philter Founding Member

There's a difference between saying "an anonymous source close to the situation said this happened"..and quoting the exact words of a player, while attributing those statements to that person (".." Carter said). I don't care to argue with you over this, there is a reason quotes are called quotes and sources are called sources.

9. SabanFan

Not arguing. Just remember this (and I am old enough to know it's true). Believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear (read). :thumb:

10. philter

philter Founding Member

Roger that, I'll keep a grain of salt in my pocket until another source talks with him. I'm sure once this situation is resolved the media will launch another barrage at the players for a story.