A View of Global Warming

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I live in Houston and it suffices to say I dont ski Louisiana! New Mexico is the closest but not as good as Colorado, Utah or Montana. I usually ski in Aspen or Vail but like Breckenridge in the spring. I have skied in Canada and learned to ski in Alaska. I have also skied Crystal Mountain in southern Washington state which is close to the your land of the ducks and GDF. I guit playing football in college mostly because I didnt want to blow my knees out and ruin my skiing. Have you tried this sport?

I got lucky a while back and became friends with and ski with 3 ski legends. All are 1970 "Hot Dog" freestyle skiers who won many events and changed skiing forever. Wild Bill O'Leary, John Glendennan and Wayne Wong are the three. They forced the the ski manufacturers to design skis shorter, more maneuverable and to attract more skiers to the sport, it eorked. Skis before this era where cut more for racing and were longer and harder to turn for beginner's. My wife also skis.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Knees bent yes but most importantly weight should be on the balls of your feet. Also hands and arms out front. Lastly dont get distracted by the babes butts in their tight ski pants, I am very guilty of that.

Winston1 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And watch out for the Sonny Bono Memorial tree. The one that said "I got you babe" to Sonny.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I went once in college,.. rental equipment, they were out of ski's that fit my height so what I got were much shorter,.. but as you say they were easy to learn on, I had a blast, though I got cocky, lost control and ended up skiing over a little cliff, soft crash landing,.. scared the poop out of me though.

I couldn't afford skiing til years later,.. but by then I was all about scuba diving,.. and skiing is not so good in Oregon,.. too warm,.. crusty icy snow not nice powder,.. Mt. Bachelor is our best,.. I don't know about Washington or Nevada but our other neighbors, Idaho, Utah, have much better skiing,.. California too, though I'd bet the packed crowds would spoil the fun.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

tumblr_inline_mnebhxoBhr1qz4rgp.gif
    Actually I ski by the tree one of the Kennedys bit the dust on. Its on a run called Copper on Aspen Mountain.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You know a lot 02_small.jpg . Montana and Wyoming has the driest powder in America but Colorado and Utah is not far behind. Aspen and Vail are my favorites great restaurants and nightlife when the ski day is over. Will ski as long as my body lets me.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I've only skied on the continent. Can fall over there as easy as here!

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Have only skied in the US and Canada. From what I hear the US has much better snow than most European ski areas. I have heard that if Afghanistan were more advanced and capitalistic they have some great potential.

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    HoopHound likes this.