A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

But imagine an offense that can pass like that and get to the red zone, then move more toward a power running game when the field shrinks. I mean, why not?

The Saints use their spread "gimmick" offense to move when they need to, and they will run successfully - or move more toward a short passing game to mimic the possession properties of a running game - when they need to eat clock or when the downfield passing game is taken away. It works.

I'm not sure if any of that made sense, but it does to me, at least.

2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

No I hear what your saying, but in the NFL your getting the most elite athlete's your able to switch styles with those type of guys. In college not everyone makes it to the pro's so the talent level is not the same, college you only have them 5 years if your lucky....in the pro's you can hold on to a great o-tackle for as long as you want to pay him.

Attack Tiger likes this.
  3. Attack Tiger

I'm sure that makes a difference...but I still believe that if we had A&M's WVU's, or Oregon's offense, with our defense and STs, we'd be nigh unstoppable. Even in their worse outings, those offenses still score a lot of points...like Oregon on us last year. We DID give up more points to them than anybody else. If they could have stopped our offense with a solid D, they would have won.

4. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Maybe so.....but I think if we had that type of offense there is no way our defense could remain "statisticaly" at least as good as they are now.

5. Attack Tiger

Maybe not, but the object is to win games. If A&M had our defense, do win that game? Does Florida beat them? If we had their offense, does Florida beat us?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think you are trying to say they scored more points on us than any other opponent. Because most everybody else gave up more points to them. Just clarifying.

We finished like 110th or so in passing. What more do you want.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Maybe more, the ones that come to mind are the Ole Miss kid, the Oregon State kid, and that Auburn punk.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Arkansas missed a chip shot in OT in '09. WVU missed an easy one in '10.

9. Attack Tiger

Sorry for the confusion. Without going back and checking the scores, I think Oregon scored more points on us last year than any other team did. I also believe that was Oregon's worst scoring game.

110th in passing??!! Awesome!! What are we so worried about, then?? ;)

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Mr. Heisman. Rightfully...