2009 Offers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Feb 8, 2008.

1. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Founding Member

I haven't seen him play but Chase is dating my god childs nannie and he has said that he likes playing with his brother . His brother is supposed to be a pretty good deep snapper.

1 person likes this.
  2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I can't feel confident about getting anyone out of Bama. That makes our QB situation very interesting, because it appears right now like our #1 prospect is McCarron.

How much effort do you put into him, since he's in Alabama? Do we use our resources else where with a better chance of success?

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Have never seen him, but a couple people on tigerbait said they didn't think he was LSU quality.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

He's considered a strong lean right now. I'd call him the strongest recruited quarterback out of the state since Jemarcus. Auburn has been putting a lot of pressure on him as of late in the recruiting process...but, they have a lot of ground to make up.

Out of the top 5 players in the state, Tana Patrick is the one I'm curious about.

5. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Thats what I was thinking (something I should never do) Getting a highly rated qb out of Alabama is gonna be tough.. Last year we lost on Manual & thankfully Jefferson was in state & waiting... I suspect something like that is gonna happen again this year.. Maybe Mississippi or Texas or Florida has a guarterback we can get but no way Alabama... The Devil Man is truly dangerous... :(

6. Tom Callender

One of our Primary needs for 09 is a quarterback isn't it? Or can we skip a year if no one special becomes available? Just looking at Scout & listing the quarterbacks we have offered to the list is one - McCarron (4star) from Mobile. Morgan Newton (4star) from IN. is listed but no offer yet.. Everyone else listed is only rated a 1star. That has to be wrong don't it?

7. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

LSU will be taking a QB, probably 2. McCarron, Shepperd, Newton and Jacob Karam are the ones I've seen the most conversation about with reguards to LSU. 3 of those would be a longshot and Karam is someone who doesn't hold an LSU offer as of now.

8. Tom Callender

Rivals listing of Dual threat QB's lists eight... Seven are from Texas.. Mmmmm

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

You cant go by stars this time of the year. We will probably have a couple of guys in our signing class next year that no one had even heard of until December, so don't freak out. All 1* means is they have not been evaluated.

As for McCarron, Bama is in good shape but we are certainly not out of it.

If he ends up not committing this spring that would be a very good sign.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We won't take a quarterback just to take one, but this year's QB depth looks strong so we'll be able to get someone we think can be very good.

It's way too early for us to guess which QB that will be since Louisiana doesn't appear to have a top-flight one.