13 Cover Ups and Counting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, May 26, 2015.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not even when they copped a feel? :D

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The show has been cancelled. Good thing there is no shortage of shows about rednecks on TV.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Strange when you consider that Bill Cosby is still in denial mode and still on the road raking in the money with plenty of defenders.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

these responses are blowing my mind.

5. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I don't know why. You know where you are.

LSUMASTERMIND and Bengal B like this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why? People will disagree on controversial topics.

Plenty of accusers, too. But he has not been convicted of a crime and has a right to make a living.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yep. I just don't know how much more folks want out of/from the Duggars at this point. He admitted to wrong doing, something he did as a child, not a legal adult, he showed remorse, he sought counseling, and now the show has been canceled. If someone is waiting for him or the family to turn their back on the faith they claim to live their lives by or to somehow embrace the gay lifestyle, it isn't going to happen. Outside of that, what is left for him to do?

I hear you, but Duggar wasn't convicted either. He did admit it, he did take responsibility, and he did seek counseling. I guess Cosby gets a break because he continues to deny it. One the one hand I don't really give a shit if the Duggars have a TV show or not but it seems they are now being deprived of their recent livelihood because of something their 14-year old son did 12 years ago. The public is very strange sometimes.

Why? He did something he shouldn't have as a 14-year old and has dealt with it. He is a hypocrite for Bible thumping but hypocrisy in public figures isn't something new. Who is he anyway? A reality TV figure...I give him no more thought or legitimacy than I do Kim Lookatmybigassian.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Isn't sin'ing part of faith?

Why is one sin so different from the other that makes someone a hypocrit?

I believe the idea is to work towards a life free of sin. Obviously people struggle with issues and mess up, but it's like like the Dugars go out and get hookers and blow and then preach the gospel the next day lol.

For the record I think religion is silly, however I completely understand it's place in majority of the world we live in.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I have watched the Duggars' show for a long time because it's basically like watching a train wreck. They are truly pretty crazy in their fundamentalist beliefs. For instance, their children are not allowed to date; they "court," which means they are accompanied always by a chaperone when they are around the other person. The chaperones are generally a younger sibling.

They may only court someone they intend to marry, but they may not touch them.

Once they are engaged, they may give each other "side hugs," but no hand-holding or kissing.

Their first kiss must be at their wedding only.

That's just some of the craziness, but I believe you get the gist. Hence, this is why so many are calling the Duggars hypocritical. Josh Duggar not only didn't save his first kiss for marriage, he was fooling around with his sisters, one of whom was around 5 years old at the time (which would be molestation.)

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That is totally crazy and detrimental to mature relationships. Physical intimacy is important in relationships. I understand the "no sex" if that's your cup of tea but friggin side hugs. People are nuts.