your thoughts on Home Land Security, Level Orange....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I couldn't agree more, Bengal B and SabanFan are correct

2. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

The orange alert might indeed help by letting them know we're on to them so they back off.

The problem is, at some point you have to go back down to yellow or orange won't mean anything. That's when I'm the most worried--they know the feds are letting their guard down a little.

I'd ditch the color code system and just announce when there's more chatter or higher security measures. Then if they think the threat passes, let it drop quietly.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'd ditch the color code system and just announce when there's more chatter or higher security measures. Then if they think the threat passes, let it drop quietly.

Great Idea Bestbank Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote for you to be the next Tom Ridge.
    :)

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i guess we dont really need to know because we dont really change our behavior, but maybe it makes the public more patient if they have to take longer at the airport or getting checked at various security places. where i live (in jersey on the hudson waterfront directly opposite world trade.) they have a local rating of orange that has never left.

from the administrations perpective, i guess also its a way to remind us that we are still in a relative time of crisis, and in a sense it sort of helps remind us that our military operations are justified.

i dont mind it. it only matters to me in that i might leave a few minutes earlier if i was flying somewhere.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

RottenBowel probably has the real high voice to do justice to a great Tarzan yell.

:D