Your iPod

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 17, 2013.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not for adults. Santa brought one to my 6yr old this past Christmas. She loved it for about a week, but now wants an iPad.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No one carries them around much anymore. Mine lives in the console of my truck and plays through the sound system. I bring it inside about 4 time a year to sync it with iTunes and get the new music.

3. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I have my iphone which is basically an ipod, and my roommate has an old ipod we use for working out to hook up to the speakers in the garage.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I use my iPod in my car and at the gym. I can't stand listening to the radio anymore--damned commercials.

tigerchick46 and VampMuse like this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

gave me 2 year old an ipod, he watches his disney shows on it on road trips.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Between my daughters, they have 1 iPad, 2 iPods, an iTouch, and a cell phone. But keep in mind, they are 8 and nearly 12.

7. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I can definitely see where an iPod would be perfect for kids, never thought about that because I dont have any...curious, what age do kids get cell phones these days? I didn't get my first till I was 19.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bought my 5 yr old an ipod touch. He loved it right up until he lost it a month or two later. Then he found it and lost it again. 3 bills down the toilet

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Here is where I'm at so far. Lets call it my "quest". I've lost so much music over the years because for some reason I never backed anything up. When I was in Iraq there was a shared drive that was accessible across the brigade, maybe even the division that anyone with access to a computer on any of the FOB's could get into. I don't know how many GB it was but it was without a doubt the largest music/playlist I have ever seen in my life. I was there for a year and I never made it through the whole damn thing. I wanted to copy it and bring it home but we didn't have anything that would hold it. 2 laptops and 1 portable hard drive, a few ipods and 1 32GB micro later and I'm still trying to rebuild. I'm now on the hunt for Smashing Pumpkins, Mars Volta, Weezer (Thanks Supa) Blood Sweat and Tears (Amigo) Tupac (Mancha) The Doors, SRV, RHCP (Wjray) Incubus, Bush (C. Sensation) Jimi, G. Lightfoot (TigerTap) Lenny Kravits (Fanatic) Live, Metallica (Vamp) JayZ, Miles Davis (MM) Linkin Park, Pretenders (Stacy) Fuel (MLU) AudioSlave (Seaward) The Gourds **Sidebar, from the very first time I heard it, their version of Gin and Juice is the only one I can listen to, if I hear the snoop version it never sounds quite right** and Marshal Tucker Band, Fire on the mountain is such a bad ass song and Bob Seger (TC46)

Thanks guys

tigerchick46 and fanatic like this.
  10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Shane you might try Spotify for music.....basically you can search and load any song ever made and just about any recording ever made in a music streaming service. Any device (iPad/iPhone, whatever) you own it automatically streams the music to each device, if you lose it just reload spotify in your new device and everything pops back up.....kicker is its 10.00month, unlimited downloads. Which depending on how much music you listen too, it's not a bad deal.....you seem like a music connoisseur, might be worth it.