Your favorite quick and easy recipe!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by orlandotiger, Jan 18, 2009.

1. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Alright please post here any recipes that are fun and a bit easy for the busy people! Ones that you have a good bit at your house.
    Mine is stupid easy:

Chicken
    Catalina Dressing
    Pepper

Put chicken in pan (I use non stick al. foil because it makes cleaning easier). Pour catalina dressing on chicken and sprinkle crushed black pepper on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes-1 hour.

Do not tell people it is this easy! A lot of people are not accustomed to the taste of catalina so you can pull it off pretty well! By the way tried this on pork chops and it didn't work as well...

Also can use A-1's Garlic and spices the same way, completely different flavor and just as good!

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Here is my pork chop dinner when I don't feel like doing a bunch of prep and can mainly use the oven to get the meal done easily.

Pan sear the chops (and onions if you want to go crazy)

Put them into a baking dish and cover them with Cream of Mushroom and 2 cups Milk.

Put them in the oven at 400 Degrees for 45min-hour.

Serve over a bed of Rice.

3. orlandotiger

Thanks, having that for dinner tomorrow night! How many pork chops do I need to put with that? I have another good pork chop one that I will post tomorrow, a bit more prep but not much and very good!

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My favorite baked chicken is to just use Tony's Seasoning with skin on.

For skinless chicken, I coat the chicken in Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese (and Tony's) and bake it.

5. bhelmLSU

Doesn't really matter how many chops you have as long as the Cream of Mush and Milk cover the chops. I have done anywhere from 3-6 at a time.

Last night I used one large can of the Mush and 2 cups of milk for 3 chops but could have added another one or two chops to it with the same measurements.

6. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Italian dressing is also yummy.

I mentioned in the the dinner thread that we sometimes coat chicken breasts in french fried onions then bake them. Recipe is on the can.

Mine submission is olive oil pasta.
    Includes
    Pasta, veggies (mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, etc.) olive oil and parmesan cheese.

After boiling the noodles sauté the veggies with the noodles and olive oil until tender. Then sprinkle with parm. Of course you can always add a lil chicken. Mmmmm...

7. orlandotiger

thanks guys! You are helping a lot. We have been so bored with the same old thing over and over again! I needed some help!

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Add [​IMG] To [​IMG]

and eat...

9. bhelmLSU

Orlando,

Are you still alive after trying my recipe.:lol:

10. orlandotiger

I totally forgot about rechecking this thread. yes, we tried it and it was really good. I didn't have an onion handy so I didn't use one. I think I will try it again at the end of this week or beginning of next with the onion.

Batty, yours is up tonight. Actually I am kinda mixing yours and stacey's. I am going to lightly coat some chicken breasts and bake them. Then do your pasta and veggies. When the chicken is done I am going to slice it up and put it on top of the pasta/veggies. I think it will add a bit more texture and be a little more filling because Mike is a big dinner eater!