youngest kid's first couple fishing trips

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Mar 28, 2019.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

been waiting all winter to finally take my youngest (3 years old) to get his first fish. Boy is a natural. Went to the pond of course to get him started and after just helping him with one he was on his own watching the cork and getting them himself. Bite was a little slow under the corks first trip which was just me and him so 2nd trip with all 3 kids set up a couple rods for the bottom and ended up with a few catfish on the worms plus some nice bluegills. He was even catching the catfish solo. Hooked 3 he got 2 of em and had one break the light line on the bream rod just as i was about to net it. Oldest boy and daughter got in on some of the fish action too but they mostly just videoed him took pics and cheered him on. Got his first fish, first bass, and first "big fish" catfish. Time to let him go try it out in the salt now.

Attached Files:

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Dude, that is as good as it gets. The older kids being mature enough to let little man enjoy while they enjoyed filming shows that you are doing a lot of things right.

shane0911 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. jvalhenson

video of him catching one of the cats...look at that form ha!

4. jvalhenson

I hope so. In all honesty they have just each caught a lot of fish already. Mostly white trout ground mullet bream and catfish with oldest boy catching a bunch of crappie too plus a couple bull reds. Throw in the big snapper they caught last year and they have a good many under their belts. Had just taken them on a "real trip" up the bayou to a big bream bed and they worked em over pretty good so they knew this one was little bro's trip. Wish I would have gotten some pics of that one but it was cold windy and late when we got back so they were done showered and in bed by the time I had the boat tended too and was ready to do pics etc so just went to cleaning em.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    KyleK likes this.
  5. jvalhenson

took the youngest on his first "real" trip couple days ago. Kills me how into it he is. had to take every fish himself and put em in the ice chest. Oldest went as well and he does really good with little bro several times letting him reel them even though it was really "his turn." Fished about 2-2.5 hours and stopped at 100 white trout and couple ground mullet. Youngest was catching em 2 at a time so he was more than pumped. Gonna take the oldest offshore soon let him pulling on some bigger fish for himself since he has been mostly just kinda going along and cheering on little bro. The daughter couldn't go dance practice and friends bday party but she was pissed she missed out on a hot bite.

Attached Files:

KyleK, GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You mother fucker

shane0911 likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Can you delete the post without deleting the thread?

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I'll delete mine if they delete that shit. The nerve..

shane0911 likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know, right? There should be a way just to delete the bullshit one.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is. A mod can do it