Xavier Carter

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dvm4lsu, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Claytonowns

Claytonowns Founding Member

It would make no sense, because he's been saying Florida and LSU the entire time. I doubt he completely reverses field this late in the process.

1 person likes this.
  2. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

we should have a great shot at X. Carter for a few reasons:
    His mom went to LSU his dad went to Southern and he is an an incredible track star (Olympic/world class speed; read: LSU Track Natl Champs)

1 person likes this.
  3. Capt Fun

Capt Fun Founding Member

don't believe anything SST says .... very negative LSU angle on that show. It may be true, but like the little max and scott that cried wolf, you never know what to believe.

1 person likes this.
  4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If the Southern Sports Report is the one with Jamie Newberg on recruiting then he said that LSU has moved back to the top of Carter's list after winning the NC and with Clayton leaving in addition to Devery. He has said it online and on Insiders several times in the past few days also.

5. dvm4lsu

dvm4lsu Founding Member

I heard that it was UM. or FSU. on the radio show with Max and Scott. Which is completely different from everything I have heard so far with LSU leading. Thats why I started the thread.Anyway hopefully LSU is still leading.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Its between UF and LSU, unless Bobby Bowden and Free Shoes University have something sneaky going on.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

a story from today on XC

Five-Star wide receiver Xavier Carter from Palm Bay (Fla.) took an official visit to Florida State over the weekend. The Territory talked with his father and got a short update on how things went.

“The trip went well,” Mr. Carter said. “We made sure we went along on the trip to make sure we could check out the academics.”

The 6-foot-3 and 195 pound All-American with 4.35 40 speed was paired up with host Chauncey Stovall who is a fellow wide receiver from Vero Beach (Fla.).

“Xavier knew of Chauncey but they have never met,” Mr. Carter said. “The two really hit it off and laughed a lot. Xavier also got to meet a lot of former Lincoln players that he uses to play against. Some of the guys he played with at the Army All-American game were there on the visit also. He really felt comfortable.”

Up next for the Palm Bay high school standout will be a visit to Florida on (1/16). He will most likely make his decision after his visit next week.

Carter will choose among Miami, Florida, LSU and Florida State.

The Territory will catch up with Carter later tonight for more on his trip to Tallahassee.

8. gduhon

gduhon Freshman

That does not sound good to me.

9. tpb

tpb Founding Member

If he doesn't commit this weekend, and there is no reason why he should, LSU should still be high if not tops on his list. He has family connections to BR and LSU. It might take another Saban visit to seal the deal.

10. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I seriously don't see Xavier going anywhere else, I saw him after the Sugar Bowl in the New Orleans center (in his personalized no. 23 LSU jersey) and he seemed to be having a great time with the LSU fans. Clayton leaving just seems to seal the deal.